XML Sitemap Generator & Splitter
Why the New XML Sitemap Generator and Splitter Plus Extension should be your first choice!
Empower your store with an improved and better XML Sitemap Generator and Splitter Magento extension from CueBlocks! The XML Sitemap Plus was launched, some time ago, to serve more purpose and generate more accurate sitemaps in less time than its predecessor. The upgraded version of the sitemap extension also features the functionality to generate mobile and image sitemaps. As expected, the Sitemap Plus has become hugely popular and satisfied many store owners, web masters and SEO experts alike.
The upgraded version of the Magento extension is recommended for all new and upcoming eCommerce stores even with a catalog of more than 50,000 pages! Shift to XML Sitemap Generator and Splitter Plus for quick, diversified and easily indexed Sitemaps.
A word from the wise:
The older version is obsolete and is not recommended as much as the upgraded Plus version is. We will no longer provide support for the XML Sitemap Extension queries and suggest that store owners choose the Plus version for more efficient and search-engine friendly XML Sitemap generation or splitting and of course, for continuous support from our Magento Extension developers.
XML Sitemap Generator & Splitter' is a XML Sitemap tool that generates and organizes your XML Sitemaps in compliance with the latest XML sitemaps protocol (followed by Search Engines including Google, Bing & Yahoo). This is a specialist extension for generation & splitting of your XML Sitemaps, which Magento currently does not offer.
The splitting of the XML sitemap is not just important for larger stores, with 50,000 URLs or more, but ALSO for smaller stores (with less than 50,000 URLs) to better organize their sitemaps and see what is being sent to Search Engines (via the XML sitemap files).
As a store Owner, Webmaster or SEO, you want to:
- Properly create compliant XML Sitemaps, without having to spend too much time in doing this.
- Know about the actual number of pages of different kinds, that form your XML Sitemaps and which get pushed into Search Engines. You can use this data to identify fluctuations in your store's number of pages, check this data against the actual number of pages indexed in Search Engines, identify from this number if you have a dramatic drop or increase in number of pages/traffic at any given date when the XML Sitemap was generated, and many other intelligent assessments.
This extension will enable you to split the XML Sitemaps of your store easily (whether you have over 50,000 pages or not) and help Search Engines like Google, Bing/Yahoo to find content on your store. The maximum limit to which Google follows an XML sitemap is 50 MB size or 50,000 URLs for each sitemap. Thus if your store has more than 50,000 pages, this extension will automatically split your store's XML Sitemap into smaller Sitemaps and also create a sitemap index file, which will house all these sub-Sitemaps in it. Even if the total number of pages in your store are less than 50,000, this extension will create separate sitemap.xml files for the different 'types' of 'Magento controlled' pages on your store (eg. Category, product, reviews, tags, CMS pages).
- Automatically generate and split your XML sitemaps.
- Create a separate XML site for each 'type' of page on your store (whether you have more than 50k pages or less).
- Get an email summary, as and when the sitemap is generated, of the actual number of pages that form part of each XML sitemap. This is very useful 'Store' and 'SEO' related data.
'Magento XML Sitemap Generator & Splitter' extension will enable you to:
- Generate XML sitemap(s) for your Magento store.
- Automatically split your XML sitemap to smaller/sub XML Sitemaps, if the number of pages on your store are more than 50,000 or if the size is more than 50 MB.
- Automatically create a Sitemap 'Index' file which has all the multiple sitemap files listed in it.
- Include or exclude specific 'types' of pages that are generated by Magento on your store (eg. product, category, CMS, Images, Review or Tags)
- Include or exclude 'Out of Stock' Product Pages from your XML Sitemap.
- Exclude specific CMS pages (for example, Privacy, Contact etc) from the XML Sitemap.
- Generate separate Sitemaps for different Types of Magento controlled pages on your store (even if your total number of pages on the store is less than 50,000). Eg. Separate XML Sitemaps for product pages, category pages, CMS pages, Tag pages, review pages, Out of Stock pages etc.
- Control and automate the process of XML sitemap generation and updating.
- Get Sitemaps summary (number of specific pages & total pages on your store) in your inbox automatically each time the XML sitemap(s) is updated.
- Exclude canonical version of product pages. This extension enables you to only include one product page in your XML Sitemap even if it is in more than one category.
- Include the product page images on the product page, in Google's specified Product XML Sitemap format.
- Ping and notify all major search engines each time Sitemap is generated or updated.
- Compress your XML Sitemaps to reduce your bandwidth consumption.
How to use this extension?
- Step 1: Setup Extension Configuration. This first step is optional because we have set default configuration values on the setting page in a way that it fulfills most of your store's XML Sitemap requirements; but it's always good to check the configuration settings of the extension to know how the XML Sitemap will be generated. To go to the configuration page, from the Magento Admin Panel, go to System > Configuration. On the left navigation of this page, you will find 'Magento XML Sitemap Generator & Splitter', under CUEBLOCKS. Set the extension configuration as per requirement. Make sure that you enter the email address(es), where you would like to receive Sitemap Summary each time sitemap is generated or updated.
- Step 2: Go to Add Sitemap. Go to manage sitemaps from Magento Admin Panel top navigation: Catalog > 'Magento XML Sitemap Generator & Splitter'. Click on 'Add Sitemap' button on the top-right hand corner of this screen.
- Step 3: Generate New Sitemap. Enter 'File name of your XML Sitemap', Root location & select store view and click on 'Save & Generate' butto. That's it. It's done. Your XML Sitemap will be generated and get listed on the 'Manage Sitemap' screen.
What is "XML sitemap"?
The XML Sitemaps protocol allows you to inform search engines about URLs on your store that are available for crawling. It allows you to include additional information about each URL: when it was last updated, how often it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLs in the site. This allows search engines to crawl the site more intelligently. What is "Change frequency"?
This value indicates how frequently the content at a particular URL is likely to change. What is "Last Modified"?
The time the URL was last modified. This information allows crawlers to avoid re-crawling documents that haven't changed.
You can let the generator set this field from your server's response headers or to specify your own date and time. What is "Priority"?
This indicates priority of your pages relative to all the other pages on the site to Search Engines. Assigning a high priority to all the pages will not help your site's search ranking. The valid range is from 0.0 to 1.0, with 1.0 being the most important. What is the ideal time to set for Generating/Updating the Sitemap?
If you have a large store, then please select a time when your store sees lower traffic (for example 03:00:00). Sitemap generation process consumes bandwidth and can result in server overload or slow speed, if your server gets overwhelmed. You must consult your server administrator for server resource availability and the best time for auto-generation of XML Sitemaps. There are so many configuration options. Do I need to change them all?
No, only if you want to. We have set default values in a way that it fulfills most of your store's XML Sitemap requirements.
Which Magento versions does your extension support?
Community :: 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8
Enterprise :: 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13
Which edition does your extension support?
We have successfully tested this extension on both Magento Community & Enterprise Edition.
Should I generate Compressed (sitemap.xml.gz) or Uncompressed (sitemap.xml) files?
The "sitemap.xml.gz" is nothing but compressed version of the "sitemap.xml" file. It has the same content, but is significantly smaller than the other one. If you have limited bandwidth go for compressed XML sitemap; but if you don't have a server limitation, go for Uncompressed XML sitemap.
Does the ping function ensure that my updated Sitemap will be indexed by Search Engines?
We automatically ping search engines to index your XML sitemap(s) each time it's generated or updated. However, this doesn't ensure indexing. We strongly recommend that you submit/update the index sitemap to Google & Bing Webmaster Account. How will I know if my store's Sitemap.xml files are being automatically updated?
Each time the sitemap is generated, we email an information summary of sitemap generation attempt to the specified email Id(s). How can I stop receiving email summary when Sitemap updates?
If you go to Extension configuration and remove your email address from Cron Job settings on the extension configuration page, you will stop receiving XML sitemap summaries in your inbox.
Can all Search Engines follow the Image XML generated by your extension?
No. As of now, only Google gives you the facility to include image URLs in your XML Sitemap. Search Engine crawlers like Bing & Ask are most likely ignore these image URLs from your XML sitemap and crawl the images traditionally.
I run multiple stores using same Magento installation. How can I generate XML Sitemap(s) for specific store(s)?
Our extension does give you the facility to specify 'pathmap' for symlinked domains so that you can generate XML sitemap(s) for specific stores.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
or visit CueBlocks Store
or website CueBlocks
and we will be happy to enable this functionality for you.
Will this extension create the url re-writes for the sitemaps?
Yes, the extension generates link using url re-writes settings.
Can we create sitemaps at separate store views levels?
Yes, it is possible.
How long does it take to create the sitemaps?
It depends on the number of products/categories and server configuration. However, it has been tested for almost 200k products (under high performance server) and it takes a few seconds only to generate site maps.
Does It manage “Out of Stock” product?
Yes, the extension is able to generate separate sitemap files with out of stock products.
Does It generate a sitemap for images as well?
Yes, the extension can manage product images link and it will add it to the product sitemap.
We have multiple Webstores operating from the same installation. Will purchasing one extension will cover all stores?
Yes, purchasing a single extension will work for all your stores.
Is there any installation instruction/guide?
Yes, a pdf with complete installation instruction is provided along with the extension package.
Is an extension demo available?