Rated 2 out of 5 by andrelfaustino For work at version 1.9
in searchautocomplete.xml, change
January 26, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by dhanpat Not working with magneto 1.9
that is very good for magento 1.7 but i also need for magento 1.9, but that is not work with magento 1.9 verson please help me
August 22, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by ADDISON Very Good, but it could be Excellent
This is a pretty good extension.
Here are my recommendations:
1) It should allow "Show Price" in Product Preview. Price also direct the customer when choose a suggestion.
2) I would like to use Short Description instead of Long Description. Why? Because Short Description tells a lot about the product in a few lines. Using Long Description is not providing good results because it starts with the very first paragraph which is not related always to the product itself. I need a solution to switch this extension from description to short_description. I edited Suggested.php but is not working.
3) In Product Preview change Enable to No. Sometimes it provides strange results.
4) It is not working with Varnish Turpentine at all. I still need a solution to make it working. Anyone who create rules in Turpentine tags to skip this extension?
5) This is a feature request. This extension is great but if you choose Number Product Show to 5 and results are 15, you will never know there are 10 more results, some could be much better. I recommend a change in list to show at the end "View All 15 results". This should be configurable. Show View All results? Yes/No.
6) Another feature request. When the dropdown list starts, just at the very beginning show related search strings. For example I will search for "apple". Then in dropdown I will have a list with "apple phone", "apple smartphone". Just strings providing good results. This feature should be enable/disable in backend and set the number of string in list to show.
I really do recommend this extension. If someone or developer will solve these issues it is the best free extension I ever used in Magento 184.108.40.206
September 15, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by DannyvanHolten Good but SLOOOWWWW
Does anyone know how to fix this? It's the only free one that's good. But it is sooo slow....
February 20, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by cantekcetin Doesnt work with my custom theme
I installed the extension but as I understand it is designed to work with default template. I have a custom template and the creator of the template did not put any xml or phtml files for search into the custom temp folder. He copied and pasted the html Code inside the topsearch phtml into the new template header. I think that is why the extension is not working on my site. Can you please tell me how to correct the issue and make it work ?
I already tried to move the searchautocomplete folder and xml to the custom tehme folders. Didnt work.
I am sure it is not able to find the search field on custom cause when I enable the default search field it works on that one. but ofcourse its design is totally different and place also.
December 11, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by specialdevs Sort products from latests first
If somebody is wondering how to sort the newest products first and not randomly:
you need to open the Suggest.php file you find in
after that around line 39, after
• $results->addAttributeToFilter('visibility', array('neq' => 1));
write the code below:
save and you're done.
Hope this can help somebody.
November 25, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by pravkrsingh top product suggestion is not showing
why suggestion is not showing in my magento 1.8 ? could any one tell me what is the issue?
October 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by trubit Here is the working code
In order to make it work in 1.7 with flat catalog, use this:
go to /app/code/local/Kanavan/Searchautocomplete/Block/Suggest.php and change content of the function with name getSuggestProducts starting on line 17 and put this:
$_query = Mage::helper('catalogsearch')->getQuery()->prepare();
$_productCollection = Mage::getResourceModel('catalogsearch/fulltext_collection')
$_productCollection->addAttributeToFilter('visibility', array('neq' => 1));
For me it works great!
October 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chervique Works perfect. No complaints.
Great extension! Easy installation and customization. Search results are VERY accurate. Works perfectly in pair with default magento search engine, and doesn't give customers a chance to miss products.
September 2, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by jimmymgong It does not work if using 'Use Flat Catalog Category' and 'Use Flat Catalog Product' models.
It does not work if using 'Use Flat Catalog Category' and 'Use Flat Catalog Product' models.
August 27, 2013