Create Your Extension
Extensions may be developed for a variety of functional areas of Magento as well as for interfacing with 3rd party web applications.
Below, we highlight several guidelines regarding creating your extension. More detailed information can be found in the downloadable development and style guidelines listed on this page.
- Prices should be accurate and reflect the fair market value of the extension. If the extension is offered on the developer’s site as well as on Magento Connect, no pricing discrepancy is allowed. Any free extension shall be available to download directly from Magento Connect. You may not use Magento Connect free extensions to market other products and services.
- Paid Extensions
- A paid extension for Magento Community, Magento Professional or Magento Enterprise must contain a direct link to the extension itself listed on Magento Connect. This page must include detailed information about the extension, including price, warranty, support, and contact information. Your company homepage or other products not related to this specific extension cannot serve as a direct link.
- Enterprise Extensions
- Developers who are members of Magento’s Partner Groups, Solutions Partners or Industry Partners, may designate their extensions as “Enterprise Edition” extensions. In you are not a Partner, you may not use the word “Enterprise” or “EE” in your extension name, nor may you include any reference to Enterprise Level or Magento Enterprise. To learn about the Magento Partner Programs, click here.
- Use of Magento Logo in your Extension Images
- You can use a small Magento Logo on your extension icon, but it must be absolutely clear that the extension was not developed by Magento.
- Naming Your Extension
- Do not use the word Magento in your extension title, domain name or user name. Sub domain or /directory may include the word Magento.
- Extension Packaging
- Each submitted Magento extension needs to be packaged prior to submission.
- Installing Extension
- Installing and uninstalling procedures can be found in the Extension Guidelines including common installation errors and managing extensions.
- Approval Process
- During the approval process, developers should track the status of their submitted extensions in their Magento account. Once you have submitted your extension, your extension status will change to Submitted. Once reviewed, you will receive an email notification regarding the status of your extension. If you have submitted your extension and it is listed as Not Approved this means there was a problem with your extension. The majority of extensions listed as Not Approved happen due to the extension not being packaged correctly or meeting the Design Guidelines. If your extension meets all the guidelines and is listed as Not Approved, you may contact the Magento Conenct team at firstname.lastname@example.org to further discuss the issue.
- Magento Connect is designed as an extension marketplace, not as a general directory of complimentary products and services. We do not allow the selling of services related or unrelated to Magento products.