WebRotate 360 Product Viewer with prettyPhoto Lightbox Image Gallery
WebRotate 360 Product Viewer for Magento
is a free extension that can be used to integrate advanced 3D product views and 360 product photography created with WebRotate 360 Product Viewer. To see a demonstration of this plugin, please visit our demo pages:
Integrated WebRotate 360 Product Viewer for Magento (DEMO)
WebRotate 360 Product Viewer
This product was built by us from grounds up in-house in Pasadena, California with its first commercial release dating back to 2010. Unlike other software on the Web, our 360 product viewing technology utilizes our own extensive experience producing professional 360 product photography and 3D views.
* Fine-tuned for E-Commerce with real business in mind.
UPGRADE TO PRO
* Designed by professional 360 product photography studio.
* Unique publishing software with instant batch processing.
* Host everything on your own servers - no recurring fees.
* Works on iOS, Android, browsers with & without HTML5.
* Extensive hotspot support for advanced interactivity.
* Highly customizable (features, skins, templates, API, etc.)
* Lightweight and fast with quick integration.
* No server side scripts required - all client based.
* All configuration is done via a separate XML file.
* Continuously tested on all major browsers and devices.
Support our work by going PRO
that adds the following features:
* Advanced desktop publishing software.
* Full-screen support.
* Ability to load 360 product images from CDN (external server) or use a single master configuration for multiple 360 product views.
* Unlimited hotspots.
* Free support and core product upgrades.
* And more!
Check out the Installation instructions below. For more information and your questions, please visit our product forum
or email us at support at webrotate360 dot com. We would be happy to assist with your Magento integration if you have any issues!
CONNECT WITH WEBROTATE 360
To follow our news, articles, beta releases and more, consider the following options:
360 Product Photography Blog
If your Magento theme doesn't use either default or rwd design package, please copy this layout file and the webrotate360 template folder to your current design accordingly:
HOW TO CREATE 360 PRODUCT VIEWS
- To start using this extension please first create a new product attribute that can be labeled 360 Viewer Path, for example. Set the Attribute Code to webrotate_path and the catalog input type to Text Field. Assign the new attribute to any of your existing attribute sets where you are planing to use 360 product views. If using the Master Config feature (available in the PRO version of the script) as per the following notes under the Master Config URL field, please create an extra attribute with the attribute code set to webrotate_root.
- There are two integration types included with this module: Standard and Ad-hoc. Standard integration will override the default implementation of your product media block (the one that is usually presented on the left side of your product page with a thumbnail gallery. The Standard integration can be configured to either embed your 360 product views in place of the main product image or show up as an extra gallery thumbnail that activates the prettyPhoto lightbox popup with a 360 product viewer loaded inside the popup. Please note that when this integration mode is enabled, the default product image zooming is implemented via the prettyPhoto lightbox as well.
- It's possible that your current Magento theme already overrides the product media block with a custom implementation which may prevent WebRotate 360 extension from running in the Standard integration mode as noted above or may result in disabling any previous customizations in the product media block that you would still like to keep. Ad-hoc integration can help in such situations as it doesn't override any existing block customizations. Instead, it dynamically embeds itself in place of an html placeholder of your choosing. This allows picking any location on a product page and then either embed a 360 product view inside the placeholder or show a small thumbnail graphic that activates the prettyPhoto lightbox popup with your 360 product view on click. This ad-hoc behavior is only active when a 360 product view is configured for a given product under Catalog and can be also used in conjunction with other customizations inside the product image area such as Cloud Zoom or similar.
- There's one sample 360 product view included with this module that you can use to test your integration. The sample is located under your base skin folder under webrotate360. To use this sample, just enter the following
URL into the new attribute field (webrotate_path) for your test product in the Catalog: skin/frontend/base/default/webrotate360/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml. Similarly, you can simply create your 360 product views using our desktop software (SpotEditor) and then upload them to your Magento server via FTP. Note that you only need to upload a single folder that is auto-created under 360_assets in the published folder of your SpotEditor project upon publish. Once uploaded to your FTP, note the URL of the configuration file (.xml) in your uploaded folder and then just enter a relative path / URL of this xml file on your server in the new attribute field for each product in the catalog accordingly.
If you haven't created 360 product views with WebRotate 360 Product Viewer before, please download our free software
(Windows or Mac OS X) and follow this simple YouTube video
or check out this user guide
on how to create 360 product spins on your computer which you can then upload to your Magento installation via FTP. Note that you only need to upload a single folder that is auto-created under 360_assets in the published folder of your SpotEditor project upon publish.