Cartex Add to Cart Module Documentation
This is an old revision of the document!
Add to Cart Promo Rules Module Documentation and Help
The first heading will show up as page title.
Submitted by Brent W Peterson email@example.com
Add Module file Wdc_Cartex.xml to /app/etc/modules
Add Module folder to /app/code/local/Wdc
Run the SQL install script against your database (Backup database first!)
I will have an installer created eventually, for now you use the cartex_sql_table.sql script.
After you install you will the new tab under promo
The Promo Name and Promo Code are for your reference, the code is there if we need to create a promo that is out side of the scope of the program and I need some way of referencing it.
The Promo Type will grow as I add new features. The following are enabled
- Value based. Works with “From → To” value based exception. They must be entered directly into the database as of June 2010.
- Entity based exception (X for Y) This will lookup a product in the Group table and insert the product form the item_entity table into the cart
- Promo Code - This one will look up a coupon and either add a product based on the coupon, or even apply the coupon code!
Attribute_set based. This has been started, but not implemented.
- Product Attribute based. Discussion is underway to implement this. It will require entering the Attribute_Code somewhere. The code would be looked up and the item would be inserted.
- Excepted exceptions. I am going to make provisions for excepted exceptions. AT the moment there is a hard code for Gift Certifications to be excepted on all rules
Use Rules Dates: This will use the dates from the rules table. I can also use other items from these rules as time and needs prescribe. (Not implemented)
Associated Rule: This is a drop down of all the active rules. This will connect the promo with the Magento rule. The “Rules” on the Magento Rules are ignored.
Enabled: This will turn on and off the promotion
wdc_cartex_exception_entity (WORKS IN ADMIN)
This is the key table for the other tables, the cartex_id is the id that gets inserted in the wdc_attribute_id field on the other tables. I have another modules called attributes that used to be associated with this module, but this is easier.
wdc_cartex_exception_groups (DOES NOT WORK IN ADMIN) This will set the item to be excepted (If is it not Value based) The attribute_set_id and the Entity_id fields are the only one used at the moment. I have had a request for a attribute based exception. Basically after you create a promo, you can insert the items you want to except here. The entity_id is the product_id (and I can do category_ids in the future). The wdc_attribute_id is the cartex_id.
wdc_cartex_exception_item_entity (DOES NOT WORK IN ADMIN)
wdc_cartex_exception_value (DOES NOT WORK IN ADMIN) The wdc_exception_item_id is the item to be inserted (I know I could have named it something much better!) Value can be anything, it is a open field. Min and Max val are the new fields that will control the way it works along with qual_statement.