Command Line Installation Wizard
This is an old revision of the document!
The typical installation scenario for SSH goes something like this:
- Grab the Magneto GZIP file
- Extract the files
- Set the appropriate permissions
- Run through the web-based installer
But did you know you can even use SSH to bypass the web-based installer and do it directly from the command line? Here’s how to do it:
After you’ve gone through the basic installation steps, run the following command:
- php-cli -f install.php -- \
- --license_agreement_accepted "yes" \
- --locale "en_US" --timezone "America/Los_Angeles" --default_currency "USD" \
- --db_host "DBHOST" --db_name "DBNAME" --db_user "DBUSER" --db_pass "DBPASS" \
- --url "DOMAIN" --use_rewrites "yes" \
- --use_secure "no" --secure_base_url "" --use_secure_admin "no" \
- --admin_lastname "LNAME" --admin_firstname "FNAME" --admin_email "EMAIL" \
- --admin_username "USERNAME" --admin_password "PASSWORD"
You’ll want to replace the values in red, specifically the capitalized ones, with the correct information:
- DBHOST - Databae hostname, usually just localhost
- DBNAME - The name of your database
- DBUSER - The username with rights to the database
- DBPASS - The password for the database user
- DOMAIN - The path where Magento is installed, e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/store/
- FNAME - The store owner’s first name
- LNAME - The store owner’s last name
- EMAIL - The store owner’s email address
- USERNAME - The administrator’s username
- PASSWROD - The administrator’s password
After you run that, it will tell you Magento was installed successfully and output an encryption key.
You can change other values from the command above as well, like the timezone, default currency, etc. For a list of all the options available, view the source code for the install.php file.