This is an old revision of the document!
Welcome to #magento on irc, the supportchannel for all things Magento!
First of all, we’d like you to take some small things into consideration:
- If you are a mibbit user ( the web client on http://magentocommerce.com; We’d like you to change your name to something unique, and not the default name.
- Don’t ask to ask, just ask your questions!
- Don’t PM ( Personal Message ) people without their permission. It’s considered rather rude, and will not get you help faster.
- Be patient! There’s nothing as annoying as a person who comes into the channel, asks questions, and expects an answer within a minute. Being impatient does not help your cause!
Since #magento is a channel where people of all countries and languages come to, we’d like to keep the channel-language to English.
If you require assistance in any other language, try one of these channels:
- German channel: #magento-de
- French channel: #magento-fr
- Dutch channel: #magento-nl
- Norwegian channel: #magento.no
Know of more? Add them!
Head on over to #ecommerce-chitchat A new channel created for those wanting talk about general ecommerce! Like design, best practises... and random stuff not really related to the Magento support.