How To Reset Your Password
This is an old revision of the document!
If you have access to phpMyAdmin, here are the steps to reset your password.
- First, open up phpMyAdmin.
- Click on your database name from the sidebar on the left.
- Click on the SQL tab and type the following in to the text box:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('PASSWORD') WHERE `username` = 'USERNAME';
You’ll want to replace the capitalized values with the correct information:
- USERNAME - The user whose password you’ll be udpating
- PASSWORD - The new password you want to use
For example, if my username was admin and I wanted to reset the password to 123456, I would do this:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('123456') WHERE `username` = 'admin';
If you don’t know the name of the user you want to update, you can see all the users by clicking on the admin_user link from the sidebar, and then select the Browse tab. The **username* column has the list of available users.