How To Reset Your Password
This is an old revision of the document!
If you have access to phpMyAdmin, here are the steps to reset your password.
- First, open up phpMyAdmin.
- Click on your database name from the sidebar on the left.
- Click on the SQL tab and type the following in to the text box:
<code>UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('PASSWORD') WHERE `username` = 'USERNAME';</code>
You'll want to replace the capitalized values with the correct information:
- USERNAME - The user whose password you’ll be udpating
- PASSWORD - The new password you want to use
For example, if my username was admin* and I wanted to reset the password to 123456, I would do this: <code>UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5(’123456’) WHERE `username` = ‘admin’;</code> If you don’t know the name of the user you want to update, you can see all the users by clicking on the admin_user link from the sidebar, and then select the Browse tab. The username* column has the list of available users.