How To Reset Your Password
THIS INFO IS OUTDATED. THE LATEST VERSIONS OF MAGENTO DON’T USE MD5 for the Password
If you have access to phpMyAdmin, here are the steps to reset your password.
- First, open up phpMyAdmin.
- Click on your database name for Magento from the sidebar on the left.
- Click on the SQL tab and type the following in to the text box:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('PASSWORD') WHERE `username` = 'USERNAME';
You’ll want to replace the capitalized values with the correct information:
- USERNAME - The user whose password you’ll be udpating
- PASSWORD - The new password you want to use
For example, if my username was admin and I wanted to reset the password to 123456, I would do this:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('123456') WHERE `username` = 'admin';
If you don’t know the name of the user you want to update, you can see all the users by clicking on the admin_user link from the sidebar, and then select the Browse tab. The username column has the list of available users.