Connecting through Zend-Auth to TikiWiki
This is an old revision of the document!
This document is exploratory, not authoritative. It likely contains errors, which as the document is on a wiki, you are invited to help fix.
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.auth.html details the Zend-Auth mechanism. As Magento is based on Zend, it is believed that Magento can authenticate through the Zend-Auth system to backend authentication schemes such as Central Authentication System (CAS) http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/
CAS is supported by many other platforms such as TikiWiki.
- Magento → Zend-Auth → CAS → TikiWiki
- Magento → Zend-Auth → TikiWiki
Magento uses Zend as a platform. It is assumed that if something can authenticate with Zend then it will be able to also authenticate to Magento.
It appears that Zend and TikiWiki may be able to share backend authentication information even without CAS.
To investigate we will begin by looking for authentication information stored in Magento.
- “Magento have their own framework wrapped around Zend called Mage” http://forums.devnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85055
- http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8941/ - Howto override “authenticate” method in app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/User.php
- http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9915/P45/#t102307 - Joomla /WordPress/ Drupal integration