Remove Callouts from Left - Right Catalog Columns
This is an old revision of the document!
You can remove the Magento default callouts from either the left or right column copying the 2 files named left_col.phtml and right_col.phtml located in default/template/callouts to (your theme)/template/callouts
Then edit the two files and remove all content. If you haven’t a custom theme, just delete the content of the two files in the original position.
*Here is another way I found that doesn’t involve deleting anything from the template files - BVBAccelerate*
- Go to /app/design/frontend/default/(theme)/layout/catalog.xml
- Find the lines that say <reference name=”left”> or <reference name=”right”>. In those there should be block definitions for the callouts.
- Comment out anything that is a block you don’t want appearing
- In the Magento Admin area go to System > Cache Management
- Flush your cache
- Reload your page in your browser