Notes when implementing PayPal Payments Pro
It is possible to get very confused and frustrated when setting up PayPal Payments Pro in Magento so I thought that I would give some bullet points that could have saved me a lot of time.
- The correct, as of 01/10/09, url for PayPal setup is: https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&commit=&token=
- For U.S. paypal accounts, the URL is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token=
- If using the Paypal Sandbox for testing, the URL is https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&commit=&token=
- When testing your cart use a real credit card and not a test VISA number that you found online (you can always refund your card later)
- If you receive the error “Gateway Decline” it probably means that you have the above mentioned url wrong
- If you receive the error “Processor Decline” it probably means that you’ve used a bad credit card number
- If you receive the error “Invalid Transaction” it may mean you are using the production URL when you should be using the Sandbox URL.