Magento-SugarCRM integration guide
This is an old revision of the document!
Magento is a new professional open-source eCommerce solution offering unprecedented flexibility and control. With Magento,never feel trapped in your eCommerce solution again.Magento eCommerce Platforms provide the scalability, flexibility and features for business growth. Magento provides feature-rich eCommerce platforms that offer merchants complete flexibility and control over the presentation, content, and functionality of their online channel. Magento is developed to take full advantage of the newest technologies available, allowing your site the maximum flexibility without sacrificing speed.
SugarCRM is the World’s Leading provider of commercial open source Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for companies of all sizes. Over 6,000 customers and more than half a million users in 75 different languages rely on SugarCRM to execute marketing programs, grow sales, retain customers and create custom business applications. SugarCRM’s Sugar Suite easily adopts to any businesses environment by offering a more flexible, cost-effective alternative than proprietary applications. SugarCRM’s open source architecture allows companies to more easily customize and integrate customer-facing businesses processes in order to build and maintain more profitable relationships.
Magento CRM As both the products are having a strong growth in their respective areas, there are some potential business needs which needs to think of integrating these products. The sales of the ecommerce site built on Magento can be improved further by improving the CRM capabilities of Magento. Magento has basic CRM capabilities which may not cater to our need of requiring a full fledged CRM functionality. So for that we need to think of leveraging the SugarCRM functionality in Magento to improve the sales and get more business.
Following are the typical business requirements to be considered
1. A lead should be created in SugarCRM when customer registers with the Magento site.
2. Converting sales to an Opportunity in SugarCRM when the registered customer tries to add a product to shopping cart in Magento.
3. A Contact has to be created in SugarCRM taking the customer details from Magento whenever a lead has been converted to an Opportunity.
4. When Customer place an Order in Magento, the order details should be immediately reflected in SugarCRM under any module
System Requirement for integration
1. Magento 1.3 Community Edition
2. SugarCRM 6.0.0 Community Edition
3. PHP-SOAP library
4. Netbeans IDE or Eclipse IDE
5. MySQL 5.1.x
6. Apache 2.2.x