• Reduces the total size of files to be loaded as well as the number of HTTP requests, for empty and primed caches
• Compresses files without requiring gzip support on your server
• Multi store capable
• Uses the Minify library
by Steve Clay (released under a BSD license)
Try the Demo
Important - Before you Install Fooman Speedster
• Please ensure you read and understand all installation and troubleshooting instructions
Ask your Magento developer to install the extension if you don't understand something in the instructions.
• Take care to follow all instructions and troubleshooting steps carefully
If you do not follow all steps in the installation and troubleshooting instructions, the installation of Fooman Speedster could fail and generate errors on your site.
• Always install Fooman Speedster first on your test site, before installing it on your live site
If any errors occur, it is far preferable to complete our troubleshooting instructions on your test site so your live site will remain unaffected.
• Always test for any conflicting extensions you may be running on your store
You can do this using the instructions provided in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Ensure your site meets all system requirements (see below)
We provide Fooman Speedster as a free extension to the Magento community. Please be fair to us and do not post negative reviews for errors which can be avoided by following the installation and troubleshooting instructions (these are comprehensive and cover 95% of all issues reported to us since 2008). Reviews such as "It is not working", "CSS is not rendering" and "It broke my site" are not helpful to anyone, are unfair to us and to the rest of the Magento community. Please take care to follow all instructions correctly before posting a review.
We wish you a successful installation and hope that you are impressed by the results Fooman Speedster can deliver on your store.
System Requirements - Is Fooman Speedster right for my Store?
Fooman Speedster works out of the box using an Apache platform run on Linux. In addition:
• Mod_rewrite (a standard Apache module installed by default on most Linux servers) must be enabled
• .htaccess must be supported
• CSS images must be available under the same domain as the store
Note: Several developers have also successfully installed Fooman Speedster on different platforms by adapting the installation process. For further reading see the
• Your store already contains minified files
• Your store uses Jquery (or has extensions installed which use Jquery) - although a workaround is provided in the instructions, almost 100% of reported errors are from stores which also use Jquery
Fooman Speedster Advanced uses an advanced caching strategy which combines, compresses and caches JS and CSS files. Click here
to see if this extension is right for your store.
Installation and Troubleshooting Instructions
Refer to both documents below for instructions on installing and troubleshooting Fooman Speedster:
• The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Fooman Speedster Instructions and Troubleshooting Guide
Fooman Speedster is a free extension with hundreds of downloads each week. We do not provide individual support or troubleshooting advice via our support email address.
For troubleshooting, please ensure that you have followed all instructions and troubleshooting advice provided. If an error still persists, please contact your regular Magento developer or uninstall Fooman Speedster.
See our website
(refer to the "Details" tab in the extension listing).