Banner Slider Magento
This is the best module banner!
I do not know why we need pay modules if there is this free module is simply the best.
1. Easy installation with absolutely no problems (Magento community 1.9.1)
2. Easy to setup
3. A lot of options and effects slider banner + popup.
4. Statistics of impressions and clicks
6. Wonderful technical support.
What else you need?
Thanks to developers of the module.
January 22, 2015
This extension is awesome! Simple and I haven't found any problems with it. Used on Magento 18.104.22.168.
January 15, 2015
Good Extension, installed on Magento CE 1.7 and 1.9.1!
December 1, 2014
The slider works well although it has a bug that when you upload slides they're added to a sub directory with the name "_" of where they should be.
The easiest way to fix this is to move the files yourself although this wasn't a solution for our client so I decided to contact support. After explaining my problem they asked for ftp and magento access to my site which I denied for security reasons and explained I was a developer so would be happy to work with them. I've had no response to my ticket since (over a week).
It's a free plugin so you can't expect it to be perfect but don't go giving your access details to anyone.
November 18, 2014
I mostly like it.
Overall the extension is really useful which is great for something free. But I have some reservations.
- As ed1c24 noted, jQuery is loaded for every slider on a page which is wasteful. Other reviews mention conflicts too. For the "RWD" theme jQuery is already loaded and for other themes it should check if jQuery is needed.
- Scripts and stylesheets aren't loaded in the head so cannot benefit from the Merge Files setting or any minifier extension, like Fooman Speedster.
- Flexslider stylesheet rules lack 'specificity' so are accidentally overridden when included in CMS tags. This results in bullet points showing where they're not expected. This is easy to fix for even a novice themer.
- Sliders have no store filter. If a slider has a position other than "custom" then it shows on all stores of your server automatically.
- An extra module, 'Magestore_Magenotification', is included in the download that I was not expecting. That was a surprise and when I found out some of it's files are obfuscated I was even more suspicious. This detail was enough to drive me to comment here.
Out of curiousity I checked what the extra module was really doing. It is harmless. It contains some license stuff that doesn't need to be there for a free extension. My guess is this is included with all Magestore extensions as standard.
October 26, 2014
Module works fine! Like!
But I,ve found one error in the section "Implement Cod" of the module's settings:
"Add code below to a template file
but it must be:
"Add code below to a template file
August 22, 2014
Unwanted Bullets in Border of Slider
Custom position banner slider displays unwanted bullets in margins of slider. Bullets do not appear when slider is in a standard position.
July 21, 2014
Banner Configuration and Support team are excellent!
The Slider is best one after searching long and hard for solutions. I was so pleased to have immediate support for the installation and configuration questions I had.
And the Magestore had the Slider integrated into my website in a fast turnaround and were available for an other questions I had.
I'd recommend purchasing your extensions from Magestore not only will you get a great product for your shop, you will have high quality support!
June 24, 2014
It could be better
This slider has a lot of configuration options in backend, but it's design structure is rather bad. Jquery 1.7.1 version is included in every slide, and if you have any other plugins installed, which are yousing jquery too, there will be some big problems. CSS styles are also bad structured, some of them are repeating.
June 20, 2014
Another great extension from Magestore and amazing support.
A perfect banner slider for what we needed. Had an issue when updating the extension using Magento's Connect manager, but Magestore support quickly solved our issue.
June 19, 2014