Rated 5 out of 5 by FlashLight Excellent extension
Great extension, with even better support.
I had one issue with jscript, and support solved that in no time, so great support for free extension.
I can't recommend them enough.
Like many others wrote in comments, if your slider doesn't show, it is because you set the start date to today, but if you set it as yesterday, it works like a charm.
Magento version is 1.9.1
September 28, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by ogmp Poor installation guide
There's no easy way to install or instructions how to use this.
August 15, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by design17 Poor Slider, Poor Code, 1.9 Not Working
Poor slider which does not work out of the box. Too many settings which really do not need to be there, once installed and finally working it adds jquery scripts for each slide thus breaking any other modules with jquery.
Avoid this slider.
April 1, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by tom_tom_1 It's Free! So also the following things may be missing?
It's Free! So also the following things may be missing?
- Is not multilingual
- Is not perfect (we have 3 hours looking for the error, why the categories were not displayed.).
- Other functions we have disabled due to incorrect implementation
- Feedback only "i have checked on our demo it works normally quiet and We can not change parameters did..."
February 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vettel This is the best module banner!
I do not know why we need pay modules if there is this free module is simply the best.
1. Easy installation with absolutely no problems (Magento community 1.9.1)
2. Easy to setup
3. A lot of options and effects slider banner + popup.
4. Statistics of impressions and clicks
6. Wonderful technical support.
What else you need?
Thanks to developers of the module.
January 22, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anna_Wyroba Fantastic
This extension is awesome! Simple and I haven't found any problems with it. Used on Magento 184.108.40.206.
January 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by mimai Good Extension!
Good Extension, installed on Magento CE 1.7 and 1.9.1!
December 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by dblencowe Reasonable plugin
The slider works well although it has a bug that when you upload slides they're added to a sub directory with the name "_" of where they should be.
The easiest way to fix this is to move the files yourself although this wasn't a solution for our client so I decided to contact support. After explaining my problem they asked for ftp and magento access to my site which I denied for security reasons and explained I was a developer so would be happy to work with them. I've had no response to my ticket since (over a week).
It's a free plugin so you can't expect it to be perfect but don't go giving your access details to anyone.
November 18, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by clockworkgeek I mostly like it.
Overall the extension is really useful which is great for something free. But I have some reservations.
- As ed1c24 noted, jQuery is loaded for every slider on a page which is wasteful. Other reviews mention conflicts too. For the "RWD" theme jQuery is already loaded and for other themes it should check if jQuery is needed.
- Scripts and stylesheets aren't loaded in the head so cannot benefit from the Merge Files setting or any minifier extension, like Fooman Speedster.
- Flexslider stylesheet rules lack 'specificity' so are accidentally overridden when included in CMS tags. This results in bullet points showing where they're not expected. This is easy to fix for even a novice themer.
- Sliders have no store filter. If a slider has a position other than "custom" then it shows on all stores of your server automatically.
- An extra module, 'Magestore_Magenotification', is included in the download that I was not expecting. That was a surprise and when I found out some of it's files are obfuscated I was even more suspicious. This detail was enough to drive me to comment here.
Out of curiousity I checked what the extra module was really doing. It is harmless. It contains some license stuff that doesn't need to be there for a free extension. My guess is this is included with all Magestore extensions as standard.
October 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by artshenberg Module works fine! Like!
But I,ve found one error in the section "Implement Cod" of the module's settings:
"Add code below to a template file
but it must be:
"Add code below to a template file
August 22, 2014