Reward Points Pro Extension by MageWorld
Not Ready for Real Use
This extension is sloppily made and not well thought out. There are a couple of major flaws and many small bugs. None of it has been fixed in months so I'm finally writing a review about it.
FWIW, we use the extension a lot as we do a good 7 figures a year in sales and every order earns points.
Examples of sloppily made include:
1. Sort function on reports doesn't work.
2. You can't customize urls, which is annoying if you want to brand your loyalty program. For example, if a customer wants to check their points balance the url is: http://storeurl.com/rewardpoints/rewardpoints - who wants that url?
3. You can't show how many points a customer will earn on each item on the product page (which is a very helpful sales tool). We figured it out for simple products, but haven't figured it out yet for configurable since the points will depend on the combination selected.
Major flaws include:
1. If selling items in points customers can spend points they don't have. The extension shows a warning during chekcout that the customer doesn't have enough points, but they can input any amount they want and it will go through. I put 1M points in and it showed the store owned my customer account the overage! (fixed in last update 3/14 after 18 months of being broken).
2. This is the biggest issue and it alone is reason enough to not use this extension if you have a serious website: You can't partially refund orders. The extension will only refund points if you completely refund an order. If you try to refund 1 item off the order the extension refunds all the points in the subtotals no matter how many points were used. So if you want to cancel a $10 item from an order where $100 in points were redeemed you simply can't because the extension refunds $100 in points and Magento won't allow the refund to go through.
So this extension completely breaks basic functionality that any online store will need: partial refunds.
Support does respond quickly, but so what if they respond with: our extension doesn't do that. It is unfortunate that we had to find this all out on our own after we relaunched our store.
The extension has potential, but MageWorld needs to give it a very close look and fix all these bugs (there are others as well, but I can't write all night about it). There have been no updates at all in 6 months. For a $250 extension I expect basic bug fixing and regular maintenance.
I'd look elsewhere for a reward points extension if I could do it again. We are probably going to switch anyway even though it is going to cost us a ton to transition our database over, reintegrate a new extension into our templates, etc... Not a happy customer to say the least.
July 21, 2014
I find this extension simple and easy to use. Promotion week provides a good opportunity to try. Their support is also excellent! I highly recommend this product!
June 19, 2014
must have extension, best of breed
Working like a charm! If you have theme related issues or missing things MageWorld is right there... Response time for tickets are IMMEDIATE, solutions are IMMEDIATE..
We are using every piece of the extension. Must have extension for any magento store. We acmpared with others and choosen this one. User quide is clear and easy to apply.
Thanks for such a great extension and great support guys. Our site is www.bellagloria.com, you can check for the functionality...
June 9, 2014
The support was genuinely interested in helping. I needed a modification for my website and the Mageworld team did what was needed to make it compatible.
June 4, 2014
Support is great!
Hey MageWorld team,
Reward Points Pro Extension by MageWorld is Great!
I highly recommend this extension to anyone who wants to have Reward Points on his site.
My site had some Jquery problem on the checkoutpage but the support solved them super fast via FTP..
MageWorld thanks for the great support :-)
February 27, 2014
Clever extension, great service
I have just finished setting up this extension. As of now I can say:
This extension will amaze you on how powerful it is and the possibilities it will bring for your online store promotions. Very clever. It has a very clean design and it's very smart for implementation in to your custom themes. I really enjoyed this part!
Not to forget the support team and their quick responses for fixing any issues and implementation problems.
A+ extension and service, recommended.
February 27, 2014
Exceeded my expectations
I was looking for an extension that would motivate my customers to leave a review behind and to like and share on Facebook. This extension gave me so much more. My customer network will suddenly, thanks to this extension, expand exponentially.
In addition, the support has always been fast, effective.
They have treated me so well that I feel in debt…
Thank you for all,
Tobris The Travel Tree
February 23, 2014
Many Issues - Support Horrible
There was an SQL Error upon install and support was horrible. They only gave me 1 sentence answers and their only solution was to reinstall which did not work.
They claim it was working correctly but my customers couldn't order so it was obviously not but they continued with one sentence answers that were no help at all!
I even have their onepagecheckout installed and they cannot figure it out!
Still dealing with them since I paid for the extension but losing hope fast.
February 13, 2014
Great extension with a great support
Well like two months ago i bought form Mage-World the "One step checkout" extension, and since i got it i decided to stay with them.
Rewards points Pro extension is an amazing extension really easy to install and setup, and besides that if you ever get any trouble you will always get a great suppor for all the Mage-World support team.
At least for me getting a good extension is as important as getting a good support and this extension have both.
February 6, 2014
Great Extension(s) + Great & pro level support..
I spent good amount of time searching for a reward points extension and comparing a few in the end. My decision was for Reward Points Pro by MageWorld and I've been very satisfied with the result. Not only was that very easy to set up, configure and use, but I had a great support from the developers as well, when I needed.
I also purchased their One Step Check Out to compliment the Reward Points Pro and that was another right decision.
I'm going for more of their extensions soon, with 100% confidence.
December 19, 2013