There appears to be an issue with the forums at the moment. But please come back to check!
Ever wished that your product import was just a little bit more automated? Sick of continually having to manually run your stock import 24 times a day to stay on top of it?
are you tired of manually creating work-arounds to fire off an import on a schedule?
Well the answer is here!
Well when i say answer, i mean it's a fairly nice solution.
Following four easy steps you can have your import/export routines running on a cronjob schedule!
- Create a profile within Advanced Profiles to import or export whatever you like.
- Make sure that all the steps are in the XML (note - this particularly applies to imports, as magento hides a few steps. There is an adaptor and method hidden in the second part of the auto-generated XML, and there's a finish action called on that adaptor as well, so watch out!)
- Set up the cron details and enable it
- sit back and let the data come rolling in/out.
This is primarily aimed at people who know their way around the profiles system in Magento, and are comfortable editing the XML
List of Functionality
i - Allow a Profile to be run on a cron defined by an expression in the edit page.
ii - Added functionality for a Developer to post log messages from their adaptors, easily, into a brand new Log panel on the profile edit page
iii - Includes three adaptors - One that will allow you to unzip files as a part of the import, One that will allow you to split a file into peices by however many lines you wish, and one to read these split files by a search pattern
I am currently in the process or writing a detailed set of documents to assist with the usage of this module.
I welcome any kind of feedback, i want to make this module as good as it can be.
This has been tested with a truly vast feed of 25000 products or more.
I humbly request that should you wish to use this module for commercial purposes that you donate £20 so i can afford to keep working on it, and providing support.
Updated in 0.1.5
Instituted Log Cleaning
- By default it will now clean the log of anything older than 14 days. This can be changed in the configuration panel - Namely System
Fixed bug with the history saving
- It was saving every item in the history with the Cron User - now it explicitly checks for cron.
Added sanity checking on cron run
- Checks if all the required settings are available before trying to run the profile - if not logs them in the error log.