Order Reminders (Emails)
Kinento modules will no longer be available for sale after December 31, 2014. Instead, the modules will be open-sourced and available with community-support (customers who purchased a module in 2014 will continue to receive professional support for up to one year after their purchase).
Click here to view the module's manual/guide
To make sure your customers pay on time, Kinento's Order Reminders
module provides you with an automatic reminder email based on order statuses. The module gives you an overview of all orders that are waiting for payment, including data on the amount of sent reminders. With invoice or proforma attachments, a multiple-fase reminder system and different settings for prepaid or onaccount customers, Order Reminders
provides the wanted functionality for any webshop.
Customers of Order Reminders
get access to Invoice Reminders
for free. Invoice Reminders
is similar to Order Reminders
, but is based on the status of invoices instead of the status of orders.
Three templates for a first, second, and for further reminder emails are provided, including all relevant order data. Additionally, the templates are customizable from within Magento (Transactional Emails), allowing to incorporate your wishes and represent your webshop's unique style.
Depending on your decisions, customers might be able to pay in advance or after shipment. Order Reminders
therefore supports both the attachment of a proforma document or an invoice. Options are available to indicate which customer groups will receive which attachment.
Order Reminders: since 2009
With over 100 customers of the module, Order Reminders
has been customized, fine-tuned, and updated since its first version in 2009. It includes wide compatibility, added functionality, and many configuration options, all part of customer's feature requests since 2009.
Main features of Order Reminders
- Sends one, two, three or more order reminders to customers.
- The interval to send reminders can be configured as whished.
- Suports a cronjob to fully automate Order Reminders
- Full support for different storeviews/stores.
- Orders can be automatically canceled after a given amount of days.
- Three example reminder emails are supplied.
- Through Magento transactional emails, reminder emails can be adjusted from within Magento.
- Different emails can be send for the first, second, and for the other reminders.
Different groups of customers:
- Groups of customers using on-account payments can be specified.
- Different email contents can be send for on-account or prepaid customers.
- PDF-attachment support for proforma (on-account) and invoices (prepaid).
Orders can be excluded as follows:
- Disabling certain payment methods.
- Disabling/enabling order statusses.
- Disabling orders manually.
- Disabling very old orders.
Customisation options and visualisation:
- Exclude weekdays from reminder count.
- Show an order's age in the overview grid.
- Add your own custom order statuses.
Feedback and testing:
- Enter your own email address to send a copy of each reminder.
- Manually send a reminder through the Magento interface.
- Manipulate the reminder-send count from within Magento.
- Send a copy of the email reminder to a customisable email address.
- Force send a reminder through the Magento interface.
- Translation files provided in English, German, and Dutch.
Updates and support
- Purchasers of Kinento modules will get support through an email support service.
- Any future updates and bugfixes are available for free.
- Support is provided in both the Dutch and English languages.
- Kinento offers a full refund within 14 days upon unsatisfaction or incompatibility with other modules.
Version 1.3.3 (Oct 2013)
- Added an option to consider last order update instead of order creation date as a criterium for sending reminders
Version 1.3.2 (Sep 2013)
- Improved logging to a separate 'Kinento.log' file
- Added additional user feedback
- Fixes for missing sender name and email
- Various minor bug fixes
Version 1.3.1 (May 2013)
- Added an option to enable/disable the module entirely for a store/view
- Improved multi-store/view support
- Added the "shippingdescription" variable for email templates
- Added "order_bis" as an alternative representation of the order in templates
Version 1.3.0 (Dec 2012)
- Added a user guide (including installation, troubleshooting, FAQ)
- Embedded the folder structure for easier installation
- Added debug messages when sending emails
Version 1.2.6 (Nov 2012)
- Added the possibility to exclude weekdays to determine an order's age
- Display an order's age in the overview grid
- Updated the order status list to match Magento 1.7's default statuses
- A message will now be added to orders which are canceled
- Fixed several minor bugs
Version 1.2.5 (Sep 2012)
- Adjusted the module to enable translations
- Added default locale files (translations) for: English, German, Dutch
Version 1.2.4 (Jun 2012)
- Fixed a bug where the cronjob would assume settings from the default store
- Major code clean-up
- Fixed several minor bugs
Version 1.2.3 (Jun 2012)
- Added a feature to automatically cancel orders after a given number of days
Version 1.2.2 (Jan 2012)
- Added a feature to distinguish payment types in the emails
- Set the cronjob to a higher frequency per default
- Updated the text displayed on buttons on the main grid
- Fixed a large number of minor bugs
Version 1.2.1 (Dec 2011)
- Fixed a bug that occurred when installing Magento under 'admin/admin'
- Added the variable 'invoiceid' to the transactional emails
- Fixed a bug that obtained empty email addresses in Magento 220.127.116.11
- Added an option to send mass send out forced reminders
Version 1.2.0 (Dec 2011)
- Added an option to send a reminder copy to a customisable email address.
- Added support for more than 2 reminders through an interval option.
- Added support for transactional emails. This makes it possible to edit the reminder templates from within the Magento system.
- Added an option to manipulate the reminder-send count from within the overview grid (reset, add, subtract).
- Added a button to manually send a reminder for one order, independent of filters or settings.
- Supports both Magento 1.3.x and 1.4.x through a setting
- Various minor tweaks
Version 1.1.2 (Dec 2010)
- Fixed a bug that was introduced in version 1.1.1 using Magento 1.4.1 or higher, which would prevent email addresses to be read from the Magento database.
Version 1.1.1 (Oct 2010)
- Added support for Magento 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 and higher.
Version 1.1.0 (Jan 2010)
- Added a settings panel entry to in- or exclude certain payment methods from the order reminders module. Orders with a payment method not chosen will not receive any emails.
- Added a column in the overview grid to display the payment type and whether it is disabled by the setting.
Version 1.0.2 (Dec 2009)
- Fixed a bug where the filter in the grid would not perform filtering
- Added a confirmation message when sending reminders through the manual reminder button
- Added an option to perform a mass-action to enable/disable multiple orders
Version 1.0.1 (Nov 2009)
- Added new options in the configuration panel to enable/disable attachments per customer type
Version 1.0.0 (Nov 2009)
- Initial version