Flat Rate Shipping Per Product
'Flat Rate Shipping per Product' is a product extension devised by the team at M-Connect Media. The main purpose behind initiating this product extension development was to allow admin to set flat rates for shipping across products and countries. This extension allows admin to specify product shipping rates, either individual or bundled, specific to countries which were a necessary for most eCommerce store owners. This product extension allows you to designate fixed rates to particular countries or specific products facilitating global sales.
Important Links to Understand Our Extension
Download - Flat Rate Shipping per Product Extension Guidelines by M-Connect Media
Video - How to Install Flat Rate Shipping Per Product
Features of Extensions:
The following are some of the important features that this newly developed product extension possesses. These features make the extension unique from others and useful too.
- Method Name:
1. Per Product - It will calculate the shipping price per product on cart page Set up specific flat rate shipping for all products in your product catalog.
2. Per Order - it will calculate the shipping based on Max / Min configuration
- You get to specify the flat shipping rates for specific products in the product catalog on your store
- You get to select a default shipping rate value for certain product groups on your store. You can even set default value for products where shipping rate is not mentioned
- Enable / Disable Multiply Qty If same product added multiple time.
- Allow free shipping for individual project if product shipping rate is set 0.
- Allow Free Shipping Over Total
- Country specific shipping rates can be assigned to the products in the product catalog
- The extension is found to be compatible with bundled, configurable and other product types on your web store
- In case a certain method is not applicable, as an admin you can set an error message which will get displayed at such a time
- You can import/export the shipping rates via magento's "System > Import/Export utility" at admin panel, a change specific to this product extension. For this you can use the import/export utility made available.
- If the shipping rate field is left blank, this product extension hides the shipping rate field at the consumer end
- While creating orders from Magento admin panel admin can fetch all the shipping method applied for selected item.
- Sets the sort order value for the flat rate shipping option
Once installed, your next step is to configure the extension.
For this you will need to visit - System>Configuration>Sales>Shipping Methods>Flat Rate Shipping Per Product
Here you will find various options available. You can choose the one that fits your store best. Install your ‘flat rate shipping per product’ extension and enable it using system configuration as shown (you can check the video for better understanding).
You will find a wide range of settings available with this extension which helps automate the whole system. With these settings you can define default shipping rates which can be assigned to products where the individual shipping rates are not mentioned.
Settings available include
- Enabled: Enable/Disable flat rate shipping per product extension
- Title: Assign a title for the shipping product which will be shown to users on the check out page
- Method Name: The shipping rate calculation method used for the flat rate shipping per product. It appears along with the rate and title on the check out page
- Method Type:
Per Product - It will calculate the shipping price per product on cart page.
Per Order - it will calculate the shipping based on Max / Min configuration, if you selected MAX then it will prefer the highest value shipping from the particular product shipping rate: Example: A, B and C product are added to cart Shipping for Product A = $10 Shipping for Product B = $40 Shipping for Product C = $30, So in MAX config case the shipping price will be = $40 In MIN config case the shipping price will be = $10
- Display Default Rate: In case you have not specified the shipping rate for a product, by enabling this setting you can set the default shipping rate for the product
- Default Product Shipping Cost: In case the shipping rate is not specified, this setting will help calculate the shipping cost applicable
- Multiply Qty:
Yes: Same product added multiple time.
No: the extension ignore qty in the cart.
- Allow Free shipping: In case product shipping cost is set to zero, then the product is shipped for free. It is shown in the check out page
- Allow Free Shipping Over Total - Blank make it inactive. Please mention the numerical value - ex. 1234
- Ship to Applicable Countries: This will specify the countries where the shipping method is used
> All Allowed Countries: All the countries allowed in the settings will use this shipping method The country names are specified in the general configuration page
> Specific Countries: The countries specified will receive this shipping method
- Ship to Specific Countries: This will specify the countries where this shipping method is applicable. In case only a few countries are allowed to use this shipping method, this settings should be preferred
- Show method if now applicable:
> Yes: Shows the “Display Error Message” when flat rate shipping per product is not available
> No: Shows the flat rate shipping per product that is currently available
- Display Error Message: The error message is displayed in cases where the flat rate shipping per product is absent for some reason
- Sets the sort order value for the flat rate shipping option: Shipping method sort order
- On enabling ‘Display Default Rate’ you will see that ‘Display Product Shipping Cost’ is applied to all products in the catalog
- When adding new product, you will need to navigate to Admin Panel>Catalog>Manage Products>Add Product:
Here in the product information tab, you will find a tab named general. Add the amount applicable to the particular product in this tab
- When editing an existing product you need to navigate to Admin Panel>Catalog>Manage Products>Edit Products
Here in the general tab along product information tab, you can edit the flat rate specified
Once you have specified all the extension configurations, check the effect of your specifications on the check out page of your Magento website.
You can connect with our technical support team directly to install the extension on your web store. We assure you prompt response. In case our extension does not work on your website, we will provide free support to help resolve the issue. In case the extension is getting conflicted by other extensions or functionality, you will have to pay for the support extended from our side.
Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us: email@example.com
In case the extension meets your requirement and you want to enhance it to match a concept on your website, call in. we will extend complete support with ideas to help enhance the extension. Please contact our M-Connect Media's Magento Development department at any time.
For any kind of support, suggestions and feedback please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Magento extension support team is always happy to help you.