Cache Warm Up for Magento
Cache Warm Up is in my opinion the best cache warming solution for Magento.
We've used other cache warming extensions specifically developed for Magento, but those had fewer useful features that this one has.
This one has different modes like crawling popular pages only. This is very useful when you want to crawl your webshop fast after you cleared all your cache.
Also, some of the other Cache Warmer plugins relied on specific apache modules that you have to install before you can use them and made our server load very high.
They also have good support with fast response time.
We had some minor problems with setting this module up but they did everything they can to fix it.
This almost sounds like a commercial sales pitch, but I can really recommend this extension to anyone who uses an Full Page Caching solution.
October 10, 2013
Quality Not Reflected by Price
Base on the high cost of this module, I expected a higher quality product. Here are some of the main concerns:
* The module uses hardcoded classnames for constructors instead of model and helper factories (ie. Mage::getModel('module/class')). This makes it hard to extend the module to fit your business needs.
* Poor resource allocation: when the LinkShare feed is generated, a product collection is loaded and when iterated, each product within the collection is individually loaded. They're essentially loading each product twice, and for a large catalog, this is not efficient.
* The Magento-LinkShare attributes mappings are hardcoded and not configurable. For example, when sending over brand in the LinkShare feed, your Magento attribute must be called 'brand'. It would be better if you could specify a mapping to suit business needs in case your attributes aren't named exactly what is set in the module.
* No method documentation. This isn't a deal breaker, at this price point, you'd expect clean, well-documented source code.
* Instead of using Magento's layout & blocks to insert LinkShare's order confirmation tracking pixel, you have to edit your success template.
* The module doesn't account for pushing canceled orders to LinkShare, though I can't really dock them for that as it's not an advertised feature.
Bottom line is that we won't be using the module even though we purchased it, but instead will be developing a custom module to overcome some of the limitations above.
April 29, 2013
Really useful extension
This extension is provided with great documentation and easy to install, works like a charm on 1.7.
February 23, 2013
Installed without problems on 1.6.0 Easily configured and simply works. Good job
February 22, 2013
Very useful extension. Saves us a lot of hassle with updating products in Google Shopping. Thank you!
February 22, 2013
This one is cheaper and I find it easy 2 install and very powerfull!
October 3, 2012
Received a downloadlink instantly after payment. Installation was easy and the setup took only a few minutes. The result is the same as in the example. I´m very satisfied with this extension.
September 30, 2012
Really good extension for easy linkshare integration. Sends feed to linkshare ftp every day. Easily configurable from the admin. For extra customization you do have to modify some code in the extension files.
May 21, 2012
We have tried to contact NMedia numerous times about issues with installing this module. We have not received any response.
April 6, 2012
I've been comparing your extension with the two other. As Junos extension yours is also shows an error for grouped and bundled products.
--Here is an example--
Grouped product: http://magento.demo.nmediasystems.com/furniture/living-room/magento-red-furniture-set.html
Rich Snippets Testing Tool: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmagento.demo.nmediasystems.com%2Ffurniture%2Fliving-room%2Fmagento-red-furniture-set.htmlamp;view=
The rich snippets testing tool shows "pricerange = from only £699.99", but the prices on your page are "£129.99", "£299.99" and "£599.99". Where does the "from only £699.99" come from?
I also find it strange for a simple product with three tiere prices; £21.00, £20.00 and £18.00, but the testing tool shows just "£18.00 and not "from £18.00". Is this correct?
Simple product: http://magento.demo.nmediasystems.com/ink-eater-krylon-bombear-destroyed-tee.html
Rich Snippets Testing Tool: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmagento.demo.nmediasystems.com%2Fink-eater-krylon-bombear-destroyed-tee.htmlamp;view=
I would however like to point out that you are not alone in this, the other two extensions are suffering the same problems. I just don't want (!) it to appear that you are the worst option among these three. But you are somewhat expensive! ;)
Any comments on this? Any solutions in sight? Have I missunderstood something? (:
September 8, 2011