Good start, but needs a lot of tweaking
I appreciate the logic that went into this, but there are two things to know:
1. You may need to remove the extension's JS/CSS in your local.xml and re-add it if you load jQuery in local.xml.
2. It is heavily tied to the default Magento top bar, with the ".skip-link" CSS classes, and "#header-account" and such. If you did any customizing to that area or you want the login in say a modal, as I did, you will need to change the ajaxlogin.js file a lot and potentially the ajaxlogin.phtml template.
2. It reloads the page anyway! I assumed this would take care of logging in completely without reloading the page. Instead, it makes a popup and then reloads the page if the Register/Login data is valid.
Bottom line: saved me a lot of hassle from having to write the controllers and actions, but not a complete solution for me at least.
July 24, 2015
not work in default theme 1.8.1
i install this extension and not work any top links.
then i change the code and to use it. but the problem is that it how to hole punching it, how to prevent the code to get cached.
also it is not keep kept the session. when i try add to wishlist it work once then try to another it ask me to login again.
please help ...
July 2, 2015
Not working in 1.9 CE .
nice extension according to demo and flow but Not working in 1.9 CE .
March 27, 2015
Good job but...
Good job but,
Can your make for new php version please?
March 24, 2015
a neat one and compatible with magento rwd
This ajax login is a very good addition to who want to use RWD theme of magento.
Just one question. why doesn't the popup window remember id and password. On default login page, browser offers to save this user and password. But i cannot save that on your popup?
January 9, 2015
Working with the latest Magento
A really useful extension and it's working with the latest Magento version 1.9.1. Great job! No conflicts with RWD and my custom theme. :)
December 17, 2014
Very Elegant Login Extension
this is a great login extension which makes your site's login process a lot more elegant. Great work
June 20, 2014
Validation is broken.
Has really dumb validation.
* rejects any passwords longer than 16 characters or containing %/\'
* rejects any customer names containing a single quote! Sorry, O'brien's of the world.
March 24, 2014
Execellent features and accurate working!!!
Exactly as i wanted. Integrated with my website and its theme without any issue.
Works perfectly on 1.8.1.
March 6, 2014
PHP version issue
I tried to install your extension but I got this problem:
CONNECT ERROR: Package community/Youama_Slider 2.2.2: requires PHP version >= 5.1.0 and <= 5.5.3 current is: 5.5.9
Any advice, please?
February 28, 2014