Popularity ScoreReferrals to Site/Downloads
0 1+ 250+ 1000+ 10000+
Ecommerce website success is virtually impossible without handy navigation. If it is hard for customers to find what they need - it will be hard for you to get orders. Now you can optimize the navigation with Improved Navigation extension - create nice landing pages, show filters with images/logos, allow search by multiple filter options, do other enhancements. Your website will become easier to navigate, more visually attractive and memorable - and thus stimulate your customers to place orders.
Live demo: http://improved-navigation.amasty.com
AJAX-based navigation NEW!
The page will not reload each time a customer makes a choice in the navigation block, the product selection will be updated seamlessly. At the same time the extension feeds SEO-friendly urls to web-spiders and bots even if you are using AJAX mode, which is very important for search engine ratings.
Use SEO-Friendly URLs and other SEO enhancements
Now you can have nice-looking and search engine optimized urls like amd.html or computers/shopby/amd.html. You can choose canonical url structure, set 'noindex', 'nofollow' parameters for navigation pages and more.
Improve SEO with custom meta tags for pages with selected attributes. NEW!
Let's say you have a page http://example.com/cell-phones/shopby/color-black/manufacturer-htc.html on which color 'black' and brand 'htc' are selected in the navigation. Now you can specify more relevant meta tags for such pages and improve your site SEO. On top of this you can display custom title and CMS blocks on such pages.
Show layered navigation at home page for your customers to start browsing right from the moment they get to your site.
Also you can add the navigation to any cms page and to product pages, which will make browsing your store and finding products a lot easier for customers. See http://improved-navigation.amasty.com
Create manufacturer landing pages with logos, descriptions, layered navigation and meta tags.
Landing pages are a well-known marketing tool. With the extension you can optimize the brand description and meta tags for SEO and create attractive and easy to use pages with brand logos and left side navigation. Of course, you can also use HTML in the attribute descriptions to beautifully format them. See shopby/amd.html
If you need single select for some attributes - such option is also available.
This might be appropriate for attributes like 'Brands', when customers often want to see products of only one brand at a time.
Create vivid and attractive layered navigation with images.
It's a de-facto standard to show colored icons or brand logos in the navigation. You can also show glasses shape, wine type, textures and much more.
Attributes of type 'price' in layered navigation. NEW!
The extension enables you to use attributes of 'price' type in the layered navigation, e.g. special price or any other attributes of catalog input type 'price'. You can choose from several display modes for such attributes - slider, dropdown, from-to, default. It is possible to specify custom range step for 'price' attributes. For example, if you specify 50, the ranges will be 0-50, 51-100, 101-150, etc.
Utilize sliders and other display options for numeric attributes like weight, memory size, megabytes, etc. NEW!
It is very convenient to use slider display mode for price. You can give your customers the same usability with other numeric attributes like weight, memory size, screen size and so on. In addition to being more user-friendly, the sliders take a lot less space in the navigation block, so the navigation will be a lot more compact. What's even better, your choice is not limited just to sliders, you can use all display modes of 'price' attributes - slider, dropdown, from-to, default.
Full-featured attribute tool tips
To help customers with the navigation you can add a tool tip for each filter. Let's say you sell cameras and have 'Megapixel' filter. Some customers might be not aware of what it means. You can add a short explanation, let's say 'the higher the megapixel number - the better the quality of shots'. The tips are displayed only when customers hover mouse over the tool tip icon. You can use text, HTML or even images for tool tips to make them attractive and integrated with your store.
Vertical and horizontal navigation blocks NEW!
In some stores there are very many attributes in the navigation and the navigation block is very long. This is not user-friendly. With the module you can place part of the filters at the top of the middle column to solve the problem. This way your site navigation will be a lot more compact and usable.
Show attribute icons with links on category (product list) pages.
This will help customers to recognize the products they are looking for a lot faster.
Get full control over the attributes positions, options sorting and folding.
Ability to hide or move category filter. NEW!
It is possible to choose a different position for categories filter in the layered navigation, for example show it under price filter or under all attribute filters. If you are really annoyed with the categories filter, you can remove it altogether :).
Dependent Attributes NEW!
Have a lot of values in the left navigation (such as long models or years list)? Hide them untill a customer selects some values in the parent attribute. For example, you can choose 'Shoe size' filter to be displayed only when 'Versace' or 'Gucci' is selected in the 'Brands' filter.
Define your own precise price ranges for better segmentation.
Now you can set custom ranges for attribute 'price', e.g. 1-50, 51-200, 201-450, etc. See http://improved-navigation.amasty.com
Let customers filter products by their own price ranges with the help of 'From-To' widget
If a customer selects a predefined price range or specifies from-to conditions, the extension still shows the price filter for customers to be able to quickly modify their chioce. Also customers can specify top or bottom margin of the price range only. For example if a customer indicates only top price margin (e.g. 300), only products with price equal to or below 300 will be displayed. There's an option to hide price ranges and use only 'From-To' widget.
Create cross-links and show attribute images at the product page
Along with icons for layered navigation, you will also have an option to upload an attribute icon for product pages. The icons will link to the list of all products sharing this attribute option (e.g. some product quality, let's say brand or color), this will create additional cross links, which will make it easier for customers to find similar or matching products and improve your site SEO. Moreover, easy to comprehend icons on product pages will help the customers to make a choice faster and better - http://improved-navigation.amasty.com/blackberry-8100-pearl.html
Four display options for 'Categories' attribute:
Create list of all brands in nice alphabetically ordered blocks
You can use this feature also for any other attribute and create list of all models, all available colors, all authors, etc. Such lists are a good addition to the product catalog, as many customers are looking for products of a specific brand, model, color, etc. See http://improved-navigation.amasty.com/brands
Choose attributes display modes
You can choose from several attribute display modes (images only, labels and images, dropdowns, etc), this way you can set an appropriate look for each attribute. 'Images Only' mode works well for showing brand logos, 'Dropdowns' - for long options list. The 'Dropdowns' type is also available for Category and Price attributes.
Create "featured" blocks (featured brands, featured collections, etc).
You can create a "featured" block for any filterable attribute (e.g. brands, models, etc) and place it at any CMS page (several 'featured' blocks can be used simultaneously). By clicking on a brand your visitors will see brand description with logo and the list of all the brand products. This feature is widely adopted by many e-commerce solutions. It is possible to limit the number of featured options (brands, models, etc) and show them in random order.
Hide out of stock items from the navigation.
There is a bug with Magento configurable products. If you enable display of 'out of stock' items, in the navigation customers see, say Medium (1). But when they open the product, medium size is unavailable in the dropdown. With the extension only available options will be shown in the navigation block. The feature is disabled by default, if you need it, please ask via email, it's a freebie (available for Magento 1.3.x versions only).
Ability to exclude categories from layered navigation.
If you would like not to display some categories in the layered navigation - feel free to do so by indicating their ids in the configuration section.
You can use CMS blocks for attribute option description.
This feature is very handy if you need to use magento variables for attribute options description. To utilize a CMS block you will need to just indicate the block identifier when configuring an attribute option.
Might be useful.
Improved Navigation is fully compatible with the popular Product Categories addon, which allows to show related categories right at the product page - great for cross-promotion.
Other extensions that improve customer experience at your store:
Extension home page: http://amasty.com/improved-navigation.html
Please email your questions and suggestions via http://amasty.com or send us a PM at Magento site. Feedback absolutely welcome.
Version 2.2.1 - February 8, 2013:
- Ability to select store views for 'Pages' feature. This allows to use different translations, static blocks and meta tags for each store view.
- Better compatibilty with Landing Pages extension
- Fix for search on modern versions (deprecated function removed)
- Fix for page configuration when multiple values of one attribute are selected
- URLs hash in ajax mode is disabled by default (clean urls, but back button does not work)
Version 2.2.0 - December 14, 2012:
- Nice short urls for brand pages, e.g. example.com/canon.html, example.com/nike.html.
- Great new category display mode - Advanced Categories. Allows to display either the whole category tree or any number of levels of category tree.
- New block, in which you can display the list of a category subcategories together with thumbnails.
- Another fantastic feature - ability to display images of configurable products based on the customer selections. E.g. if a customer selects red color on in the 'color' filter, red images (if available), will be diplayed for configurable products on category pages. This feature can be utilized for all attributes, which are used for creation of configurable products.
- Dependent attributes update. Now you can show an attribute filter when any value in a different filter is selected. E.g. show 'color' filter only after one of 'size' values is selected.
- Advanced SEO feature, requires deep SEO knowledge. When there are very many attributes and their values, there's a huge number of possible attibute value combinations and pages accordingly. This may cause google not to index part of pages. You can specify a parameter for urls with multiple attribute values, which also needs to be specified in google account settings. Please be careful with this one :)
- Update for ajax mode. Attribute descriptions and images now get updated, when a new attribute option is selected.
- Enhanced UI for 'Pages' functionality.
Version 2.1.0 - September 24, 2012:
- Ability to specify meta keywords.
- Ability to select categories for meta tags conditions.
Version 2.0.8 - June 22, 2012:
-Ability to specify custom meta tags for pages with selected attributes. For example you have a page http://example.com/cell-phones/shopby/color-black/manufacturer-htc.html on which color 'black' and brand 'htc' are selected in the navigation. Now you can specify more relevant meta tags for such pages and improve your site SEO.
- Ability to hide or move category filter - it is possible either to choose a different position for categories filter or to remove it from the navigation block.
- Ability to use attributes of 'price' type in the layered navigation, e.g. special price or any other attributes which utilize the type 'price'. The extension provides several display modes for such attributes - slider, dropdown, from-to, default.
- Custom range step for 'price' attributes. For example, if you specify 50, the ranges will be 0-50, 51-100, 101-150, etc
- Updated slider UI
- Bugfix: fix for pager and sorting blocks for home-page navigation, AJAX fix for IE7, fix for quantity sorting when quantity is hidden and more
Version 2.0.1 - March 28, 2012:
- New SEO feature - ability to specify meta tags and canonical url for any combination of filters.
- Japanese locale. Special thanks to Hirokazu Nishi for providing the translation.
Version 2.0.0 - March 1, 2012:
- AJAX filtering on catalog, search, or home pages.
- SEO friendly urls for web-spiders and bots even if you are using AJAX mode.
- Vertical and horizontal navigation blocks, you can use one of them or split attributes between both.
- Full featured tool tips for the attributes in the navigation: use text, HTML or even images.
- Dependent filters.
- Ability to exclude some categories from the layered navigation.
- No need to add CSS manually.
- 404 for undefined options in SEO mode.
Version 1.4.6 - December 2, 2011:
- New SEO options nofollow and noindex for filter pages.
- Flexible canonical urls for category pages.
- Optional rel="nofollow" parameter for navigation links.
Version 1.4.5 - September 21, 2011:
- Flexible canonical urls for shopby pages.
Version 1.4.1 - March 11, 2011:
- Ability to use CMS blocks for attribute option description.
Version 1.4.0 - March 7, 2011:
- Single select for filters.
- Collapsible/Expandable filters. This feature enables you to attract customers' attention to the most important attributes and at the same time doesn't limit their choice. This makes your navigation more compact and usable.
- An option to hide price ranges and use only 'From-To' widget.
- Ability to show categories together with sub-categories, to simplify customer's choice.
- Ability to show static 2-level category tree with plus/minus controls, works great for stores with 1-2 level catalog.
- Now filter options can be folded and unfolded also with 'Images only' and 'Labels and Images' display types.
- Compatibility with the latest version of Improved Sorting extension.
Version 1.2.8 - February 18, 2011:
New features and enhancements:- From-To price filter.
More detailed change log can be seen at the Improved Navigation home page.Tags: layered navigation, horizontal drop down menu, seo, navigation, ajax, magento seo extension, layered, shop by brand, filter, shop by, horizontal navigation menu, advanced navigation, improved navigation, canonical, price slider, manufacturer, filter by attribute, category list, layered navigation, free, access, account, address, admin, administrator, advanced, ajax, alert, attribute, backend, backup, bestseller, billing, block, bookmark, boost, bottom, bundle, buy, cash, catalog, categories, chart, check, checkout, CMS, code, community, comparing, configuration, configure, connect, contacts, content, coupon, credit card, cross-sell, csv, custom, customer, dashboard, data, database, demo, discount, download, downloadable, edition, email, e-mail, enterprise, error, experience, export, exporting, extension, feature, featured, feed, field, file, filter, flat, font, footer, front, frontend, function, functionality, gift, Google, grid, group, guide, header, hierarchy, higher conversion rate, history, HTML, image, import, install, installing, inventory, invoice, label, language, layered, license, list, management, marketplace, memo, message, meta, method, mode, module, money, navigation, newsletter, notification, online, order, page, panel, payment, paypal, permissions, php, placeholder, plug in, plugin, polls, preview, price, pro, product, option, promotion, promotional, queue, rate, ratings, recently, reference, refund, related, report, restriction, reviews, rules, sales, sample, searching, sell, server, services, setting, shipping, shop, shopping cart, SKU, software, solution, sorting, speed up, staging environment, store, supervise, support, tab, tags, tax, template, term, theme, tier, track, transaction, transactional, type, update, upgrade, upload, up-sell, user, validation,variation, VAT, version, view, webshop, website, wish list.
This extension was developed by and is supported by Amasty
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.
If you need support for a Magento platform, there are different options for support depending on which Magento platform you are using. Below are links for specific platforms.
We built Magento Connect using the latest techniques and technologies.
This makes Magento Connect faster and easier to use.
Unfortunately, your browser doesn't support those technologies.
Use the links below to download a new browser or upgrade your existing browser.