Product Attachments Extension
Works Great, Lacks Instructions - Instructions Below
This extension works great on our 1.8 and 1.9 installs. Amazing for a free extension. If the product attachments block does not show on your products then you can add it manually (instructions below) or install the EasyTabs module and add a new easytab (instructions for this method also below). If you get 404 in the backend after install then just logout, flush cache if required and log back in;
ADD BLOCK (NEW TAB) ON PRODUCT INFO PAGE MANUALLY (WITHOUT EASYTABS EXTENSION)
1. Follow the install instructions (word document inside package file), after installation open the catalog.xml file (\app\design\frontend\base\default\layout\catalog.xml)
2. Around line 209 you will find the 'product.info.tabs' tag.
3. Add a new tab for the attachments.
Add this line (tags are removed, copy text below as source into an online html editor to translate into XML):
<action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>attachmentstabbed</alias><title>Downloads</title><block>fileuploader/fileuploader</block><template>fileuploader/attachments.phtml</template></action>
4. Add an attachment to a product in backend
5. Refresh cache and product attachments will show.
INSTALL VIA EASYTABS MODULE
The free easytabs extension we have on our theme makes it even easier.
1. After following the install instructions (word document inside package file), in the backend go to 'Templates Master, EasyTabs)
2. Create a new easytab with the following details;
Title: Whatever you want
Block Type: Custom Block
Set your sort order, store view and enable the block.
3. Add an attachment to a product via the backend
4. Save, refresh cache and the easytab will show!
February 3, 2015
Nice and simple, exactly right
I see some people giving this one star because it doesn't work and that might just be because of their setup which is not fair to the developers of this module. On 126.96.36.199 it works like it's supposed to, with minimal adjustments to fit your needs/design.
I installed it, uploaded a pdf and it's printed to the screen. I've made a few changes to the phtml (ripped out the version checks which broke my theme's html) and put the Size label through translation. Other than that it works great.
Few points for improvement:
- Keep the filename, now it gets renamed to what looks like a timestamp
- Add translation to the label Size (and others if exist?)
- Move js file to skin template folder
- Move style block to a css file in skin template folder
- Enclose phtml file info with php tags so it's not printed as comments in the html
Other than that great module, thanks!
October 17, 2014
do not install on magento 1.9
i should have checked - but do not install this under magento 1.9 as it will cause an exception and you won't be able to get back into admin to remove.
i had to comment out the exception in Mage.php so I could get back in again to remove it.
author only says runs up to 1.7. next time i'll pay more attention.
October 14, 2014
tried but doesn't work
magento 188.8.131.52 custom theme,backend function is good i can upload files,but can't see it in frontend. tried both installation from connect,manual installation,still no luck.
about editing the fileuploader.phtml &desc_attachments.phtml,anyone tell me how should i change to make it work on magento 184.108.40.206? Thanks!
October 9, 2014
ACL (Access Control Lists) Support for other Admin use roles
I thought id share this because the module does not support ACL for granting permissions to other admin user roles that are not ADMINISTRATOR
1. Go to app/code/community/Fileuploader/etc
2. Create this file: adminhtml.xml
3. Copy & Paste in the code below
* Unicode Systems
* @category Uni
* @package Uni_Fileuploader
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Unicode Systems. (http://www.unicodesystems.in)
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
August 19, 2014
Didn't work at all.
Made product descriptions disappear. I must have some sort of error in the code.
August 18, 2014
Just what i need - but i need my description!!
This is just what i need but it has made my decriptions go! i have tried disabling it and they still do not appear!
I tried finding the fileuploader. file to attempt the fix multiple people have mentioned and no luck, its not there in app > design > frontend > default > default > template?! HELP!!
August 7, 2014
Excellent and very useful extension
Worked right out of the box, had an issue with product description disappearing but read a review thankfully that was a simple addition to the fileuploader file that fixed it! Glad someone mentioned that on here I was frustrated! Works great on 1.9!
August 5, 2014
Installed oN Magento 1.8
I installed the extension on Magento 1.8 and followed the additional guidelines to add a new tab from bradclampitt as I am using a custom theme.
I additionally updated the Magento version to 1.8 in fileuploader.phtml and desc_attachments.phtml. within the extension.
All displaying fine on both frontend and backend
July 29, 2014
Fine extension but breaks with Magma theme
the same as the title, it breaks with Magma.
Still, easy to install, easy to use, and well integrated.
July 17, 2014