WordPress Customer Synchronisation
limited functionality, partially not working
After testing the plugin for a few days, I think I shall share my results to help other people like me who is looking for a plugin to share magento and wordpress uses.
The customer synchronisation plugin works in these cases:
1. When customer registers in Magento, a user account is created in WP automatically,
2. When customer log into magento, it auto log into WP.
3. When customer info is changed in magento, it is updated in WP.
It doesn't work in these cases:
1. When customer log off magento, they are not logged off in WP.
2. When a customer is deleted from Magento, the coresponding user is not deleted from WP. and when the same customer is created in Magento again and login, it doesn't login WordPress automatically.
3. I am using a magento social login plugin. When customer login with their social account for the first time, their profile is used to create a new account in Mangeto (as well as WordPress, thanks to the plugin.). And then immediately after that, customer will log into magento automatically, but not in WordPress.
I have sent a few emails to the plugin author, but no replies from him. Checked the release notes, the plugin was last updated on 2011-12-04 19:37:37, almost 3 years ago. I guest the author has already abandoned this plugin. I wish I can get my money back.
If you are looking for an alternative plugin, you could try http://codecanyon.net/item/single-signon-for-magento-and-wordpress/861453 I have not used that plugin before, so I can't give review on that.
September 3, 2014
I know this isn't a support channel but it's to important to be hidden away somewhere and all users should know about it.
There exists a severe problem when you use both 'WordPress Integration' and 'WordPress Customer Synchronisation' extension. Although the bug was reported back in Feb 2010 (http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=8521) that connect no longer allows you to update extensions when new releases are available, it's still not fixed in 22.214.171.124! So the following happens with these 2 extensions:
To upgrade 'WordPress Integration' you first have to uninstall it in connect and then install it again BUT, WordPress Customer Synchronisation depends on it with the result the uninstall fails and the site crash with a message about the missing dependency. To deactivate WordPress Customer Synchronisation doesn't help either, it still crashes the site, you have to manually uninstall it first before you can uninstall and then reinstall 'WordPress Integration' from connect, and then you have to once again install WordPress Customer Synchronisation.
And there is more, if you have ticked the option 'Put store on the maintenance mode while installing/upgrading' in connect the site cannot be reached, even by admin, you have to get to the web root with ftp or what ever means you uses and remove the file 'maintenance.flag' that connect puts there.
April 5, 2012
I have purchase this extension and installed successfuly on the site. But after set the Customer Synchronisation enabled=Yes.. i am not able to wordpress user on magento admin
March 24, 2012
I am using his SplashPage and Wordpress plugin. I am amazed what you can do with those two apps - convert you Magento to compete CMS driven shop.
Finally I have considered to make a donation but instead I bought this sync app.
And I am again surprised. I did not expected to have additional blocks in customer area which there is. I expected only to have customer sync but with this Magento is definitive now fully CMS and social driven shop... Wow!
February 3, 2012
Works no problem. Thanks FishPig.
August 12, 2011