Popularity ScoreReferrals to Site/Downloads
0 1+ 250+ 1000+ 10000+
Do not hesitate to fork this project, share your changes or have an issue, visit the GitHub repository
This module allows you to optimize and minify your css and js files by allowing you to use different available libraries and methods. It's completely configurable following the capabilities of each library.
Inspired by the module from Yoast, this feature allows you to create canonical urls of your catalog (products, categories, search products and cms pages). Please visit the website of Yoast for more information: http://yoast.com/articles/magento-seo/
This feature is implemented in this module too, to help you to have less as possible different modules.
- Enable / disable each function
- Use the W3C Webservice validator
- For testing purpose, display at the bottom of each page of your Magento frontend the validation of your CSS or HTML. Don't use both otherwise it will be slow to display each page.
- Allow you to configure default and / or fallback values (doctype, charset, language, ...)
- Allow you to define a local HTML validator server for quickest validation and local development (No local CSS validator server available for the moment). In local development, you need to do it otherwise the W3C Validator could not get access to your local development website.
- If you wish to use YUI Compressor. Java on your server is required. You need to provide in the configuration of this module, the path of the binary if different of the environnement default one.
As promised, I provide you below the statistic of compression and ratio by using the different libraries:
Compressed/Minified file statistic and comparison by using default Magento template, sample data, configuration for Diglin User Interface Optimization module is for all by default. Only the method to compress/minify is changed. Merging file has no influence on compression but has influence on number of HTTP requests which is also an important point.
**** JS compression (analyzed with YSlow):
- no compression, no miniying, no merging: 329.8 Kb
- JSMin (unmerged, no gzip): total 230.4Kb (31% of compression)
- JSMin (merged, no gzip): total 230.4Kb
- JSMin (merged, gzip): total 56.8Kb (compression 83%)
- YUI compressor (unmerged, no gzip): total 193.6 Kb (compression 41%)
- YUI compressor (merged, no gzip): total 193.6 Kb
- YUI compressor (merged, gzip): total 52.6 Kb (compression 84%)
- Packed (unmerged, no gzip): total 133.5 Kb (compression 59%)
- Packed (merged, no gzip): total 133.5 Kb
- Packed (merged, gzip): total 44.5 Kb (compression 86.5%)
**** CSS compression (analyzed with YSlow):
- no compression, no miniying, no merging, no gzip: 95.9 kb
- CSS Tidy (unmerged, no gzip): total 79.8 Kb (compression 17%)
- CSS Tidy (merged, no gzip): total 79.8 Kb
- CSS Tidy (merged, gzip): total 14.7 Kb (compression 85%)
- YUI compressor (unmerged, no gzip): total 82.7 Kb (compression 14%)
- YUI compressor (merged, no gzip): total 82.7 Kb - YUI compressor (merged, gzip): total 14.5 Kb (compression 85%)
- Google Minify (unmerged, no gzip): total 79.9 Kb (compression 17%)
- Google Minify (merged, no gzip): total 79.9 Kb - Google Minify (merged, gzip): total 14.9 Kb (compression 84.5%)
- for JS: 1) YUICompressor 2) JSMin 3) Packed (for compatibility problem with Magento)
- for CSS: 1) CSSTidy 2) Google Minify (almost good as CSSTidy) 3) YUICompressor
Magento Connect 2.0
Magento Connect 2.0
This extension was developed by and is supported by diglin
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.
If you need support for a Magento platform, there are different options for support depending on which Magento platform you are using. Below are links for specific platforms.
We built Magento Connect using the latest techniques and technologies.
This makes Magento Connect faster and easier to use.
Unfortunately, your browser doesn't support those technologies.
Use the links below to download a new browser or upgrade your existing browser.