GoMage Advanced Navigation v.4.6
Works fine with Magento 1.6.2 and template from TemplateMonster.
Thanks for your good work!
April 11, 2012
The developer gives quick support. Issued a refund promptly.
The reasons why I didn't use the extension eventually:
1) The categories filtering don't work at all. The developer is aware of this and said it will be fixed in next version. In essence, if you want to filter the categories with AJAX along the rest of the attributes, clicking on them won't filter anything and nothing will respond. The only thing you can do with the categories is just use them as links that lead to the specific category page.
2) The checkboxes near each attribute are not actual checkbox fields. They are merely background images to the links. This means that when a customer clicks on a link/checkbox, the box displays as checked only after a couple of seconds, once the AJAX has updated the new results. This usually won't be an acceptable behaviour for the customer, since he expects his click on a checkbox to instantly display a checked box.
3) The total number of results which displays near each attribute (x), disappears when that attribute is being selected. Usually, in multiple select layered navigation extensions, when you filter and select an attribute, if that attribute does have
products associated with it, the updated total number of results for that attribute wiil still display when you select that attribute.
So these were the issues I've found with the extension. Nevertheless, GoMage are decent developers and I later bought another of their extensions instead.
April 10, 2012
Wonderful extension and excellent support. We initially had difficulty getting the extension to work with our theme, however GoMage support was quickly able to diagnose and tailor the extension to our needs. This is just one of the several extensions we have acquired from them.
March 20, 2012
Excellent extension. Customer Service works with lightning speed. Everything just perfect.
March 12, 2012
Excellent product and service, they were very helpful with a tricky implementation!
March 9, 2012
Wonderful addon. Great customer service! Thanks again!
January 31, 2012
Extension works perfectly. You cannot beat the features for the money. The support is excellent. I've worked with many Magento developers, and GoMage ranks at the top of the list. The issues I had were related to other extensions, yet GoMage tracked down and fixed them all. I highly recommend GoMage extensions!
November 17, 2011
This extension is third class, if you use this extension you will face too much of problem with SEO, I tried this extension and now I am thinking to remove it.
After installing the webmaster file I found nearly 1000000 (its not a joke) links with a error 404.
Ever never try this extension
October 10, 2011
We have purchased the extension and received instantly all necessary data. Even a question was answered immediatly even after official business hours by mail.
Will definitely purchase from GoMage again.
August 29, 2011
Just bought this extension yesterday after a time desiding wichone to take coz there are more extension regarding to Advanced Navigation.
So far installation was easy and no fearfull errors whatsoever. The only thing that is not working out of the box (and still not working) is uploading images in attributes, f.i. the color attribute.
There still is an support proces going on. so far the following thing did not help:
- Setting permissions to FTP folder 'images' (including its subfolders) to 777
- Reindexing many times
- Turning off and deleting cache many times
Hope there will be a solution for me soon.
Anybody else having this problem? I'm asking here because 'Discuss this extension' hasen't been used yet.
Best to you all :)
August 2, 2011