Easy Flags - module
It is not working in version 1.6.1
April 20, 2012
After install I get 404 in the EasyFlag menu!
Mag Ver. 22.214.171.124
April 12, 2012
I succeed to install EasyFlags in Magento 1.6.2. without any problem. It is a pity that there is no information about what to do if the theme is not default.
I shall describe here what I have done just in case someone would try this extension with a non-defaul theme.
0. Go to System\Cache management, click on "select all", select "disable" from the drop down menu and click "submit";
1. install the theme with Magento Connect, is the best and easiest way. There is no reason why not to use Magento Connect;
2. Log off and log in. This is very important step. If you get 404 error this means that you did not do pass through this step;
3. Go to: \skin\frontend\default\default\images and copy the folder "flags";
4. Go to:
\skin\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\images and paste here the folder "flags";
5. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\default\default\layout and copy easyflags.xml;
6. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\layout and paste here "easyflags.xml";
7. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\default\default\template and copy the folder "easyflags";
8. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\template and paste here folder "easyflags";
9. Go to: System\ManageStores and modify the names of the store views accordingly with the language which will be used, for example if a store view will be in English language, name the store view "gb", if the store view will be in German language, name the store view "de". The name of the store views MUST be according to ISO. In fact the name of the store view MUST be same as the name of the flag you want to show in that view;
10. Go to System\CacheManagement, click on "select all", select "enable" from the drop down menu and click "submit";
11. Refresh your front-end page ... you are done.
In case you have more with the same language, let's say English language, you have to name the views "en", "en1", "en2", "en3". Go to \skin\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\images\flags, copy the flag "gb.gif" and paste it in the same folder with name "en1.gif", "en2.gif", "en3.gif". That's it.
February 17, 2012
hi i have a problem everything is in orden the flags folder, but i cant see the flags on my website..
January 15, 2012
got it, my template header.phtml didnt have this
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('store_language') ?>
December 7, 2011
can't get it to work on 1.6.1, tab stays no flags to be seen. Made copies of files from skin/css skin/images/flags and app/design/frontend/.../layout and.../template to any any theme/default folders i could find. Am I missing something?
December 7, 2011
126.96.36.199 here and it doesn't work for me. I'm using my own custom theme and I notice it seems to install everything in the default theme. Just trying to work out where the files are so I can make this work...
April 6, 2011
Changing the names of the flags I needed in the "flag" image map did the trick for me to get the flags showing on the frontend.
February 11, 2011
not working for me!!!
December 15, 2010
I have installed the extension under version 188.8.131.52 and it works, since the drop-down menu has been exchanged for the links to the languages. However, there are no flags shown, instead only the language names (deutsch, english,...) as links. How can I make the flags be shown? Do I need to import any flags-gif images into my local folders?
Thanks a lot
November 9, 2010