Easy Flags - Free Magento module
dont forget to disable compilation before instal.
thanks for module works perfect in 1.6
October 19, 2012
Thank you very much. It's work on 1.6.2 very fine.
August 24, 2012
I't working for me in 220.127.116.11.
One thing that's not mentioned in plugin notes is that you should include "store_language" widget in page.xml (layout) and header.phtml (template). Check your theme code, if you're not using the default one.
August 16, 2012
It is working with M 1.7
Just need to create flags folder (skin/frontend/base/default/images/flags) and put the right flags in it. Each flag need to be with the store name.
June 20, 2012
Didn't work in 18.104.22.168. I did all steps and all recomandations but the old combobox is still there.
June 15, 2012
Initial smoke test shows this works fine against 22.214.171.124. Great extension ! Followed installation instructions, set up in under 2 minutes.
May 22, 2012
I make only installation - log off - log on. Works very well with magento 1.6.2.
Only I change the flag to bigger flags.
Thanks for the nice extension.
May 18, 2012
It is not working in version 1.6.1
April 20, 2012
After install I get 404 in the EasyFlag menu!
Mag Ver. 126.96.36.199
April 12, 2012
I succeed to install EasyFlags in Magento 1.6.2. without any problem. It is a pity that there is no information about what to do if the theme is not default.
I shall describe here what I have done just in case someone would try this extension with a non-defaul theme.
0. Go to System\Cache management, click on "select all", select "disable" from the drop down menu and click "submit";
1. install the theme with Magento Connect, is the best and easiest way. There is no reason why not to use Magento Connect;
2. Log off and log in. This is very important step. If you get 404 error this means that you did not do pass through this step;
3. Go to: \skin\frontend\default\default\images and copy the folder "flags";
4. Go to:
\skin\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\images and paste here the folder "flags";
5. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\default\default\layout and copy easyflags.xml;
6. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\layout and paste here "easyflags.xml";
7. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\default\default\template and copy the folder "easyflags";
8. Go to:
\app\design\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\template and paste here folder "easyflags";
9. Go to: System\ManageStores and modify the names of the store views accordingly with the language which will be used, for example if a store view will be in English language, name the store view "gb", if the store view will be in German language, name the store view "de". The name of the store views MUST be according to ISO. In fact the name of the store view MUST be same as the name of the flag you want to show in that view;
10. Go to System\CacheManagement, click on "select all", select "enable" from the drop down menu and click "submit";
11. Refresh your front-end page ... you are done.
In case you have more with the same language, let's say English language, you have to name the views "en", "en1", "en2", "en3". Go to \skin\frontend\[your interface]\[your theme]\images\flags, copy the flag "gb.gif" and paste it in the same folder with name "en1.gif", "en2.gif", "en3.gif". That's it.
February 16, 2012