Are you frustrated by customers visiting your site, looking around, and leaving without making a purchase? You know that your chances of making a sale plummet once they are gone. They probably won’t even remember your site, much less what products you offer.
These days, the problem is worse than ever. People are shopping at multiple sites. They are constantly distracted by email, instant messages, and much more. The chances of getting people to return to your site are shrinking every day.
Let custom PDF publications help you. The purpose of the custom PDF flyer is to improve your odds of a return visit. You are increasing your chances that they will remember you and your products. You are also giving them an easy way to refer you to a friend or colleague.
Each custom flyer works as both an offline and online selling tool. Offline, a custom flyer can be printed, handed to a friend, or stuck to the fridge door. Online, it can be viewed in Acrobat or a browser, emailed to a friend, and posted on Facebook as a birthday or holiday list. It contains embedded links back to your ecommerce site.
As long as that custom publication is still being circulated in some way, either offline or online, your odds are far higher that you will eventually make the sale. So if you are looking for a cost-effective way to grow your return traffic, then try out Catalog-on-Demand for Magento today.
You will be amazed by the quality of the publications produced by Catalog-on-Demand. The same core technology has been used for years to create millions of press-ready pages for many large manufacturers and distributors. Now for the first time, Catalog-on-Demand is being made available for businesses of all sizes through the Magento extension. You won’t find a better way to impress your customers and grow sales! Here are a few of the features:
–– Choice of LayoutPaks™ (smart templates)
– The LayoutPak is like a game cartridge for Catalog-on-Demand. It asks you a few questions to get started, then gets right to work using your product data to make the publication.
–– Minimized White Space
– Our advanced “best fit” algorithms ensure that white space is kept to a minimum throughout the publication. The system looks ahead at each unpublished product to determine which one will be the best fit for the space remaining on the page. Like a good graphic designer, it will even use a different product presentation to accommodate odd-shaped spaces.
–– Graphic Resizing
– Images are automatically resized to a height or width of your specification, while maintaining the proper aspect ratio. The product description and other text is automatically rearranged to utilize the space made available after the graphic is resized.
–– Keep Together
– In order to maximize readability, the entire product presentation is kept together — including the product name, image, description, and price (or item table).
–– Filler Ads
– You can upload your own ads - or ads that you sell - and have them automatically appear as "fillers" wherever there is white space in your publication. The system automatically looks through all your ads to find the best fit for the space available. Ads can have embedded PDF-e-Links in the same way as products. These links can contain affiliate IDs or other information to ensure that they contribute to your revenue from custom publications.
–– Color Schemes
– Differentiate the look of your publications with a unique color scheme that matches your business colors. You can even create multiple color schemes to suit the season, an event, or a particular customer preference.
–– Header, Footer, and Background Images
– Another way to give your publications a unique look is to upload your own "lifestyle" images that will appear in the header, footer or in the background. The options available to you are LayoutPak-specific.
–– Custom Messages and Contact Information
– In "Salesperson Mode" (see below), your users have the ability to enter their own custom headlines and message at the time they submit their job. In "Visitor Mode", you fix the headlines and message to whatever you wish.
Every publication generated through your Catalog-on-Demand account is branded with your logo, your color scheme, your graphic elements, and your headlines and messaging. You can even create multiple brand styles using the Job Parameter Set feature.
Sell Advertising or Use Affiliate Ads!
You can control which “filler ads” are used to fill in any empty space that might result from the product placement. These can be ads for your own products or services. Or you might decide to sell advertising space in the publications that are created from your site. You can also place affiliate ads, including links, as another means for revenue generation.
Drive Traffic to Your eCommerce Site With PDF-e-Links™
Every product in the custom flyer contains a PDF-e-Link back to the corresponding product on your ecommerce site. If the user is browsing the PDF online, it is just one click to get to a place where they can place the order. If the user is offline, they can simply go to the online PDF, click on the product, and be back on your site in no time.
Easy to use: “Visitor Mode” or “Salesperson Mode”
Once set up, this extension adds a simple button to the Magento Wishlist called “Create Publication”. When your visitor or salesperson clicks this button, they are prompted for a job name. After a few minutes they receive an email with a link to a professional-quality, custom flyer in PDF format. This flyer will present the products contained in their wishlist.
You can configure Catalog-on-Demand for two modes.
Visitor Mode is ultra-simple. The user just adds products to their wishlist, then clicks on the “Create Publication” button. Nothing else is required. They receive a link to the PDF in their email.
In Salesperson Mode, it works much the same way. The difference is that the salesperson is given the opportunity to enter a personalized headline and message. If you want, you can also give them a choice of color schemes, banners, and other options. Furthermore, you can create in advance any number of “job parameter sets (JPS)” that pre-define headers, colors and other job options. That helps the salesperson, because then all they have to do is select from one of the available JPS’s when running their publication.
In order for the extension to “know” which mode to use, the site admin creates a list of logins that authorizes particular users as salespeople. These users can be internal or external to your business. They will also be prompted to login to Catalog-on-Demand. Their login is free.
At any time, you can obtain reports as detailed as you wish on what products people are selecting for publication, which products they are clicking on, which publications are being downloaded, whether documents are being opened by different IP addresses, and much more. You can use custom flyers to better understand particular market niches, or even drill in on specific customers. To get more data, just produce and send out more custom flyers. The reports give you amazing insight as to your customers' interests.
Powered by Catalog-on-Demand Web Service
The Magento extension is powered by Catalog-on-Demand, a 24x7 web service running on a scalable server cluster located in a state of the art data center. The service is highly reliable, backed by redundant power, emergency power, and redundant feeds from multiple major Internet backbone providers.
The extension is connected to the most powerful web service in the world for automation of custom catalogs and flyers – Catalog-on-Demand. The first month is free, so that you can try it out risk-free with your customers, your sales people, or both. After that, the monthly fee is $9.95 per month – a tiny fraction of what it would cost to create and deploy similar functionality on your own servers. (Note: The extension is free. There is no charge to download or install the extension. And again, there is also no charge for the first month – no credit card is required.)
Please click here
to view a quick start guide for Catalog-on-Demand for Magento.