Speedster by Fooman
• Reduces the total size of files to be loaded as well as the number of HTTP requests, for empty and primed caches
• Compresses files without requiring gzip support on your server
• Multi store capable
• Uses the Minify library
by Steve Clay (released under a BSD license)
Fooman Speedster is now controlled by an advanced self testing framework. You can only enable Speedster once the configuration has been set up correctly and all self tests run successfully.
Try the Demo
Important - Before you Install Fooman Speedster
• Please ensure you read and understand all installation and troubleshooting instructions
Ask your Magento developer to install the extension if you don't understand something in the instructions. If you do not follow all steps in the installation and troubleshooting instructions, the installation of Fooman Speedster could fail and generate errors on your site.
• Always install Fooman Speedster first on your test site, before installing it on your live site
If any errors occur, it is far preferable to complete our troubleshooting instructions on your test site so your live site will remain unaffected.
• Ensure your site meets all system requirements (see below)
We provide Fooman Speedster as a free extension to the Magento community. Please be fair to us and do not post negative reviews for errors which can be avoided by following the installation and troubleshooting instructions (these are comprehensive and cover 95% of all issues reported to us since 2008). Unfortunately the majority of recent negative reviews that have been published via Magento Connect describe errors where either system requirements were not met, or instructions were not followed correctly. Please take care to follow all instructions correctly, and if you believe you have found a genuine error, contact us to report it in the first instance rather than leaving a negative review via Magento Connect. Thank you.
We wish you a successful installation and hope that you are impressed by the results Fooman Speedster can deliver on your store.
System Requirements - Is Fooman Speedster right for my Store?
Fooman Speedster works out of the box using an Apache platform run on Linux. In addition:
• Mod_rewrite (a standard Apache module installed by default on most Linux servers) must be enabled
• .htaccess must be supported
• CSS images must be available under the same domain as the store
Note: Several developers have also successfully installed Fooman Speedster on different platforms by adapting the installation process. For further reading see the
• Your store already contains minified files
• Your store uses Jquery (or has extensions installed which use Jquery) - although a workaround is provided in the instructions, almost 100% of reported errors are from stores which also use Jquery
Fooman Speedster Advanced uses an advanced caching strategy which combines, compresses and caches JS and CSS files. Click here
to see if this extension is right for your store.
Installation and Troubleshooting Instructions
Refer to both documents below for instructions on installing and troubleshooting Fooman Speedster:
• The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Fooman Speedster User Manual
Feel free to report any suspected bugs
with the extension, however please note that we are unable to provide individual support or troubleshooting advice via our support email address - see our general FAQ
for more details. If an error still persists after following the troubleshooting advice above, please either contact your Magento developer or disable the extension.
See our website
(refer to the "Details" tab in the extension listing).