Speedster Advanced by Fooman
• Improved speed performance relative to the classic Fooman Speedster extension
• Theme optimiser to help implement a smarter caching strategy (for Magento version 1.5 and above) – see instructions
• No php overhead when compared to the classic Fooman Speedster extension (files are created, but not served, via PHP)
• Supports the use of different domains for Skin CSS, allowing the use of CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) and cookie free domains
• Multi store capable
• Uses the Minify library
by Steve Clay (released under a BSD license)
Is Fooman Speedster Advanced right for my Store?
• Your store already contains minified files
• Your store uses Jquery (or has extensions installed which use Jquery) - although a workaround is provided in the instructions, almost 100% of reported errors are from stores which also use Jquery
Installation and Documentation
Refer to the following documents for instructions on installing Fooman Speedster Advanced:
• The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Fooman Speedster Advanced User Manual
Important: Please uninstall the original Fooman Speedster before installing Fooman Speedster Advanced.
For troubleshooting, please:
• Follow the installation and troubleshooting instructions in the documentation above
• Ensure that your store does not already contains minified files
• Ensure that you are not running any conflicting extensions, as this can conflict with CSS
This usually solves 95% of issues we receive.
Feel free to report any suspected bugs
with the extension, however please note that we are unable to provide individual support or troubleshooting advice via our support email address - see our general FAQ
for more details. If an error still persists after following the troubleshooting advice above, please either contact your Magento developer or disable the extension.