PremierWeb Sphinx Enterprise Search
Turbo-charge your search results by implementing Sphinx enterprise search into your Magento storefront. Sphinx
returns results in blazing-fast fractions of a second and provides support for millions of products. Enterprise features include multi-language stemming (searching for 'car wash' matches 'washing cars'), soundex / misspell catches ('appel' properly matches 'apple'), and boolean matching ("+apple | oranges -grapes) to ensure customers will find exactly what they're looking for.
All layered navigation and Magento functionality is maintained. Please check out this book store
for a demo. Here's an example of a typo searches: Angel Cards (Anjelz Kardz)
| Chicken Soup (Chiken Soop)
Installation is easy! Configuration options include the ability to search multiple indexes, specify remote servers/ports, limit the number of results returned, alter the search algorithm, and change the ranking modes for results.
Note: This is an enterprise search solution and requires a server with Sphinx's searchd daemon installed (we can install). We specialize in enterprise search solutions! Please contact us for a quote if you require a Sphinx daemon installation or hosting services of any kind.
INITIAL RELEASE - 1.0.1
- Magento searches are fast. Yay!
RELEASE CANDIDATE - 1.1.0rc1
- Optimized result hand-off to Magento for up to 45% speed increase on first-time searches.
- Tuned PHP indexing / data-gathering methods for better search accuracy.
- Sphinx.conf settings altered to improve result accuracy. *Update your index paths!*
- Disabled MySQL query caching when building Sphinx's index
- Added character_set mysql pre-query.
- Minor updates to admin config descriptions
- "Zero_repeat" setting deprecated in favor of the new "broad_match" setting to improve relevancy on phrase searches.
- Exact matches are now weighted to appear at the top of search results
- Added Sphinx phrase_boundary and phrase_boundary_step to sphinx.conf to improve relevancy on phrase searches.
- Searches that fail due to network errors or Sphinx unavailability are now retried once every 0.5 seconds for 15 seconds before failing.
- Implemented search string escaping for special characters like & and | (pipe)
- This extension now throws a Magento exception for easier issue tracking
RELEASE CANDIDATE - 1.1.0rc2
- Some installations are experiencing an error when zero product results are returned. This release should fix it.
- Added compatibility for Sphinx 0.9.9rc2.
- Bug fix: Queries containing some boolean operators were being improperly escaped, returning invalid result sets.
- Now compatible with Magento 1.3.1
None reported at this time. Please break something.