Changes to USPS Shipping Method Titles
Effective on July 28, 2013, USPS will be renaming several of their shipping methods.
The Express Mail shipping options will be renamed "Priority Mail Express." This will affect the following options:
- Express Mail
- Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope
- Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold for Pickup
- Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Sunday/Holiday Guarantee
- Express Mail Hold for Pickup
- Express Mail PO to PO
- Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Guarantee
The names of these options will change slightly (e.g. Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope will become Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Envelope).
The Express Mail International will be renamed "Priority Mail Express International." This will affect the following options:
- Express Mail International
- Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope
The names of these options will change slightly.
The labels associated with these shipping methods will also have a new design:
Updated Shipping Label
After the changes take effect, the Express Mail and the Express Mail International shipping methods will no longer be available in the Admin Panel. The cart price rules created by using these outdated options will also not apply.
The changes will not impact orders made prior to July 28, 2013. You will still be able to create the shipments and shipping labels for the orders where the Express Mail and the Express Mail International shipping methods were used; however, the labels will print with the shipping methods' new names.
To ensure a smooth transition, please make the following changes in the Admin panel of your store:
Update the Names of Your Shipping Labels
- In the Allowed Methods menu (System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > USPS), select the new names of the shipping methods.
- From the Free Method drop-down menu (System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > USPS), select a new name for the shipping method, if applicable.
- In the shopping cart price rules’ configuration section (Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules), select the new names of the shipping methods, if applicable.
USPS -- Allowed Methods
USPS -- Free Method
Please make these changes as soon as possible. The outdated options will be removed from the Admin panel to avoid confusion.
For help with USPS configuration settings, see this article.
If you have additional questions, please contact Magento Go Tech Support.