A sitemap is like a table of contents that lists every category and product in your store. Each entry is linked to the corresponding landing page of the category or product. Sitemaps help search engines index your site, and also give visitors a quick overview of the organization of your store and catalog.
To display the sitemap, click the link in the footer of your store. The sitemap can be set to display either the list of categories or products. To switch between modes, click the link on the right. The number of lines included per page, and the use of indentation is determined by your system configuration.
In addition to the standard sitemap, you can also set up a Google sitemap and robots.txt file to provide specific instructions to search engines that visit your site.
Sitemap by Category
To configure the sitemap:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Catalog, select Catalog.
- Click to expand the Sitemap section.
- Complete the settings according to your preference.
- Scroll down the page and click to expand the Search Engine Optimizations section. Then, set Autogenerated Site Map to âEnable.â
- Click the Save Config button to save the configuration.
Enable Autogenerated Site Map