Sharing Access to Your Magento Account
Your Magento account contains information that can be useful to trusted employees and service providers who help manage your site. As the primary account holder, you have authority to grant limited access to your account to other Magento account holders. For example, you may want to give someone the ability to open a support ticket on your behalf, or let that person download documents from your Solutions Library.
Add New User
Setting Up a Shared Account
When your account is shared, all sensitive information—such as your billing history or credit card information—remains protected, and is not shared at any time with other users.
Note: All actions taken by users with shared access to your account are your sole responsibility. Magento Inc. is not responsible for any actions taken by users to whom you grant shared account access..
To set up shared access to your account:
- Before you begin, you must have the following information from the new user’s Magento account:
- Account ID
- Email address
- From the Magento site, log in to your own account.
- In the My Account panel on the left, under Shared Access, click Add New User.
- In the New User Information section, do the following:
- Enter the Account ID of the new user’s Magento account.
- Enter the Email address that is associated with the new user’s Magento account.
- In the Shared Information section, do the following:
- Enter a Sharename to identify your shared account. Because the Sharename becomes an option in the Switch Accounts list, it should be something that the other person will recognize as your account.
- To share your personal contact information, select the checkbox of each item that you want to make available to the other person:
- Your Email
- Your Phone
- In the Grant Account Permissions section, select the checkbox of each item that you want to share.
- When complete, click the Create Shared Access button.
You are notified when the new role is saved, and the new user record appears in the Manage Users & Permissions section of the Shared Access page. Magento also sends an email invitation with instructions for accessing the shared account to the new user.
- When you receive the invitation to a shared account, the first thing you must do is to log in to your own Magento account.
Your account dashboard has a new Switch Accounts listbox in the upper-right corner, with options for “My Account” and the name of the shared account.
- To gain access to the shared account, set the Switch Accounts listbox to the name of the shared account.
The shared account displays a welcome message and any contact information made available. The left panel includes only the items that you have been given permission to use.
- In the left panel of the shared account, click Support.
The Support page includes a section for each area that you have permission to use. For example, you might have permission to create Support tickets, and use the Solutions Library.
- The Support Tickets section lists your latest support tickets. From here, you can:
- Post New Ticket
- View All Tickets
- In the Solutions Library section, click the Search and Browse link to display the list of recent articles. From here, you can:
- Browse through the recent articles
- Search for a solution
- When you are ready to return to your own account, simply set Switch Accounts to “My Account.”
Create Shared Access
Receiving an Invitation to a Shared Account
To access the shared account: