Setting Up Google Analytics
System > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Analytics
Google Analytics provides detailed statistics about your website visitors, as well information about the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. This article provides step-by-step instructions about setting up Google Analytics for your Magento Go store.
For field descriptions, see Configuration: Google API - Google Analytics
Step 1: Create a Google Analytics account
It is easy to create a Google Analytics account. The process takes about five minutes.
- Go to the Google Analytics site and click Sign Up Now to create your account.
- Next, create a new profile for your Magento Go store. When prompted for your store address, enter one of the following:
- your own custom domain
- Click the Finish button to save your profile.
- When the tracking code instructions page appears, record your Web Property ID. You will need it to complete the next step.
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select the Google API tab.
- Click to expand the Google Analytics section.
- Set Enable to Yes.
- In the Account Number field, type your Web Property ID. Make sure to include the “UA-” suffix that preceeds the number. The format of the Web Property ID is: UA-########-##. The number can be found on the Google Analytics page for your account, and also in the Google Analytics code for your site.
- Click the Save Config button to save your changes.
Step 2: Configure your store for Google Analytics
After you have created a Google Analytics account and have your Web Property ID, you must complete the configuration from the Admin panel of your store.
Note: It may take a few minutes to verify and track your store. Check the Tracking Status on your Google Analytics profile page to confirm that your Google Account is Receiving Data from your store.