Setting Up Free Shipping
System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > Free Shipping
The free shipping option lets you create a no-cost shipping alternative and configure its minimum order amount. This article explains how to set up free shipping for your Magento Go store.
Note: For field definitions, see Configuration: Shipping Methods - Free Shipping
Setting the Configuration Scope
Before you continue, make sure to set the correct configuration scope, if necessary. For more information, see: Understanding Store Scope.
To set up free shipping:
- Set Enable to Yes.
- Complete the remaining fields as follows:
- Title: Type in the name of this shipping option as it will appear in checkout.
- Method Name: Type in the shipping method type to describe the shipping rate (i.e. Free).
- Minimum Order Amount: Type in the minimum order total that must be met in order to qualify for free shipping.
- Displayed Error Message: Type in the error message that is displayed when this shipping option is not available.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: Specify whether this shipping option is available for customers from all allowed countries or only specified countries.
- Ship to Specific Countries: Specify which countries customers are allowed to use this shipping method to. Skip this step if All Allowed Countries is selected.
- Sort Order: Type in the number value relative to other shipping methods to determine its order in the payment methods list.
- Click Save Config to save changes.
Note: The free shipping setting takes precedence over shopping cart rules.