A coupon code can be associated with a shopping cart price rule to apply a discount when a set of conditions is met. Customers can enter the coupon code from the shopping cart page to receive the discount. Coupons codes can be created for specific customer groups, or for anyone who make a purchase over a certain amount. Coupon codes can be sent by email, included in a newsletter, catalog, or coupon design, or incorporated into a QR code that can be scanned with a smart phone. Here are a few ways you can use coupons in your store:
- Email coupons to customers
- Produce printed coupons
- Create instore coupons for mobile users
Instore Coupon for Mobile Users
Coupon codes can be sent by email, or included in newsletters, catalogs, and advertisements. You can even create instore coupons with a “Quick Response” code for shoppers to scan with their smart phones. The QR code links to a page on your site that more information about the promotion, including the coupon code.
To apply the coupon to a purchase, the customer enters the coupon code during checkout from either the shopping cart page of your site, or at the cash register in your “brick and mortar” store.
Enter Coupon Code in Shopping Cart
To set up a coupon code:
- Follow the instructions to create the shopping cart price rule.
- In the General Information section, do the following:
- To associate a coupon with the price rule, set Coupon to “Specific Coupon.”
- Enter a numeric Coupon Code to be used with the promotion. Then, complete the following:
- Uses per Coupon
- Uses per Customer
- In the From Date and To Date fields, set a date range for the rule to take effect.
If you leave the date range empty, the rule is enabled as soon as it is saved.
- Follow the remaining instructions to complete the price rule.
Price Rule Coupon Settings