Set Shopping Cart Price Rule Actions
This article explains how to set up shopping cart price rule actions for your Magento Go store. After you have defined the Conditions that will trigger this rule, you must define the Actions to trigger when Conditions are met.
- In the Shopping Cart Price Rules page, select the Action tab in the left panel to define a discount.
- In the Apply field you will be given the following four options:
- Percent of product price discount Discounts item by subtracting from original price. For example: Entering value of 10 in Discount Amount will define a final price that is 10% reduction from the original price.
- Fixed amount discount Discounts item by subtracting from original price of each product in your cart based on fixed amount. For example: Entering value of 10 in Discount Amount will define a final price that is $10 reduction from the original price.
- Fixed amount discount for whole cart Discounts item by defining the final price based on percentage. For example: Entering value of 10 in Discount Amount will define a final price that is 10% of entire cart.
- Buy X get Y free (discount amount is Y) Discounts are applied on the “Y” item, refer to How to Setup Buy X Get Y Free
- Enter an amount in the Discount Amount field. This is required.
- Enter an amount to limit the maximum number of products that the discount will be applied in Maximum Qty Discount is Applied To field.
- Enter an amount to specify of how often the discount is applied in Discount Qty Step (Buy X) field if Buy X get Y free (discount amount is Y) is selected.
- In the Free Shipping field, specify whether to combine the coupon amount with a free shipping offer, for only the products for which the coupon is valid or for the entire Order, when one of these products is in the shopping cart.
- Select Yes if for Stop Further Rules Processing field to stop processing other rules that have been created.
- You can further define and specify these rules to be applied to certain or all products. Leave the conditions field blank to apply this rule to all products. The first rule appears by default: If All these Conditions are TRUE. It specifies whether the rules that you define must all be met and all of them are true.
- Click on the () icon to display a selection field. Condition options available are: Cart Item Attribute and Product attribute.
NOTE: To add a Product Attribute to these conditions, you must select Yes for Use for Promo Rules Conditions in the attribute’s Frontend Properties. See Creating and Managing Attributes & Attribute Sets for more details.
- Each selected Attribute will offer the option to apply different combination conditional limits such as: is, is not, greater than, less than, contains, does not contain, is one of, is not of one of, and many more.
- You can further combine more product attribute conditions by selecting Conditions Combinations and applying steps 14 - 15.
- Click the [Save Rule] button to save your changes.
NOTE: As you add new rules, Magento Go must recalculate the prices and the priorities of the rules. Generally, system rules are automatically processed and applied each night. In order to apply a new rule immediately, you must click the Save and Apply button the rules pages or Apply Rules in Catalog Price Rules list page.