Renewing Your SSL Certificate
SSL certificates are sold on a subscription basis and must be renewed periodically. When the certificate is due for renewal, you can either purchase a certificate from Magento or from a third party.
The Renew/Update SSL button appears in the dashboard of your Magento account sixty days before your certificate comes up for renewal. In addition, you will be notified by email thirty days in advance, and notified again ten and five days before the expiration date. The final notice is sent the day the certificate expires.
If your SSL certificate expires, all subsequent transactions take place on the shared secure channel: https://yourstore.gostorego.com. After each transaction, the URL returns to your custom domain. If your SSL certificate expires and you choose not to renew, no other action is necessary.
To renew your SSL certificate:
- Log in to your Magento account.
- In the panel on the left, under My Products and Services, click Magento Go.
- Click the Renew / Update SSL button. Then, do one of the following:
- Select Purchase from Magento to purchase your SSL renewal from Magento.
- Select Bring Your Own to purchase your SSL renewal from a third-party provider.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.