Payment Gateways: eWAY Direct
Country Acceptance: AU
eWAY offers a multitude of payment processing services for Australia-based merchants. This article explains how to configure the eWAY Direct payment gateway for your Magento Go store.
For field descriptions, see Configuration: Payment Gateways - eWAY Direct.
Before You Begin
In order to offer eWAY Direct as a payment method to your customers, the Base Currency of your store must be set to “Australian Dollar.”
- In the Configuration panel under General, select Currency Setup.
- Click to expand the Currency Options section.
- Set Base Currency to “Australian Dollar.”
- Click Save Config
Step 1: Open an eWAY Merchant Account
If you do not yet have an eWAY merchant account, click here to sign up. As you go through the process, take note of the following information which you will need to complete the configuration of your store:
- Customer ID
Step 2: Configure eWAY Direct for Your Store
- From the Admin panel of Magento Go, select System > Configuration > Payment Methods.
- On the Payment Methods tab, click to expland the eWAY Direct section. Then, do the following:
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- In the Title field, enter the name for this payment method that customers will see during checkout. By default, the title is set to: eWAY Direct.
- In the Customer ID field, enter the eWAY Customer ID associated with your merchant account.
- The Accepted Currency should already be set to your Base Currency, the “Australian Dollar.”
- To record the details of all exchanges between your Magento Go store and the eWAY Direct payment system in a log file, set Debug to Yes.
NOTE: In accordance with PCI Data Security Standards, credit card information is not recorded in the log file.
- In the Credit Card Types list, select each credit card that can be used with this payment method.
- If you want to require that customers must enter a card verification code (CVC), set Credit Card Verification to Yes.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries list, specify whether this payment option is available for customers from all allowed countries or only specified countries.
- In the Payment from Specific Countries list, do one of the following:
- Select All Allowed Countries.
- Select Specific Countries. Then in the Payment from Specific Countries list, select each country where the eWAY Direct payment method will be accepted.
- Enter a number in the Sort Order field to determine the position of eWAY Direct in the list of payment methods that is displayed during checkout.
- When finished, click the Save Config button to save the settings.
Using an eWAY Test Account
An eWAY Test Account gives you the opportunity to become familiar with the entire payment process and run test transactions without making changes to your Magento Go store or to your eWAY merchant account. Follow the testing instructions on the eWAY website to activate your test account. Then, set Test Mode to Yes to begin testing.