Managing Stock for Configurable Products
By default, Manage Stock is turned off for a configurable product, because the inventory is managed through each associated product. However, at times it may be necessary to apply inventory settings to a configurable product as a whole, such as to set quantity increments and change the stock availability.
To enable quantity increments:
- On the Inventory tab of the configurable product, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox, and set Manage Stock to âYes.â The Enable Qty Increments field appears.
- To sell the product in quantity increments, do the following:
- Below the Enable Qty Increments field, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox. Then, set Enable Qty Increments to âYes.â
- In the Qty Increments field, enter the number of products that you want to sell together as a single batch.
To set the product as "Out of Stock:"
- On the Inventory tab of the configurable product, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox, and set Manage Stock to âYes.â The Stock Availability field appears.
- To temporarily remove the product from sale, set Stock Availability to âOut of Stock.â
- When you are ready to offer the product for sale, set Stock Availability to âIn Stock.â