Managing Requests to Unsubscribe
By law, every person who has subscribed to your newsletter must be able to unsubscribe, or “opt out.” In the United States, a request to unsubscribe must be honored within ten business days. In addition, after a person has requested to unsubscribe, you cannot sell or transfer their email address, even as part of a larger mailing list. To learn more about the rules governing the use of email, see the Bureau of Consumer Protection.
As a best practice, you should always provide your customers the option to unsubscribe to your newsletter, and regularly delete the records of those who request to unsubscribe.
To manage requests to unsubscribe:
- From the Admin menu, select System > Newsletter > Newsletter Subscriptions.
- Click the Reset Filter button. Then, do one of the following:
- To select all available subscribers, click Select All.
- To select individual records, select the checkbox of each subscriber.
- Set Actions to “Unsubscribe.”
- When complete, click the Submit button to save your changes.