Adding Nodes to a Page Hierarchy
The following example shows how to create a page hierarchy node with simple navigation to content pages. Although the node does not have a content page associated with it, it does have a URL Key which can be referenced elsewhere in your site.
For example, you can create a node called “Press Releases” with navigation to individual press releases. Then, include the link on your “About Us” page. Or how about a node with links to articles from back issues of your newsletter?
Content Page with Navigation
Step 1: Create a Node
- From the Admin Menu, select CMS > Pages > Manage Hierarchy.
- Click the Add Node button.
- In the Page Properties section, type a Title for the node. Then create a suitable URL Key using all lowercase characters, with hyphens instead of spaces.
- Click the Save Pages Hierarchy button to save the node. The node appears as a folder in the tree.
Step 2: Add Pages to the Node
- In the hierarchy tree, click to open the node.
- Scroll down to the CMS Pages section, and select the checkbox of each page you want to include.
- Click the Add Selected Pages to Tree button. Each selected page appears in the tree below the node folder.
Select CMS Pages
Add Selected Pages to Tree
Step 3: Add Navigation
- In the tree, click to open the node.
- In the Pagination Options for Nested Pages section, set Enable Pagination to “Yes.”
- In the Navigation Menu Options section, set Enable Navigation Menu to “Yes.”
- Scroll back up to the Node Properties section, and click the Preview link.
- Click the Save Pages Hierarchy button to save the settings.