Managing Gift Card Accounts
A gift card account is created for each Gift Card that is purchased. The value of the gift card can then be applied toward the purchase of a product in your store.
Add New Gift Card Account
To create a gift card account:
- From the Admin menu, select Customers > Gift Card Accounts.
- Click the Add New button.
- On the Information tab, make sure that Active is set to “Yes.”
This field determines whether the balance of the account can be redeemed in the shopping cart before checkout. Also, the value in this field determines whether the balance of the account can be transferred to a customer's Store Credit.
- If applicable, set Websites to the store view where this gift card account can be redeemed.
- Enter the Balance of the gift card account.
- Enter the Expiration Date for the gift card. If left blank, the gift card account will not expire.
- In the Gift Card Account panel on the left, click Send Gift Card. Then, do the following:
- In the Recipient Email field, enter the email address where email notifications related to this gift card account will be sent. This field is optional, and no email will be sent if left blank.
- In the Recipient Name field, enter the name of the person to receive the gift card message.
- Set Send Email from the Following Store View to the language store view that is associated with the gift card.
Send Gift Card
- Do one of the following:
- If no recipient has been added, click the Save button to save the gift card.
- Click the Save & Send Email button to save the changes and send the gift card by email to the recipient.