Linking to a Node
The frontend app type, CMS Hierarchy Node Link, gives you the ability to link to a content node from other content in your store.
Step 1: Set Up the Page Hierarchy
Create the initial page hierarchy tree.
Step 2: Create a Frontend App
To begin, complete the first three steps of creating a frontend app.
- Select the CMS Hierarchy Node Link app type.
- Specify the page and location where it belongs.
- Choose the template.
Step 3: Configure the Link
- Open the frontend app that you created in the previous step.
- In the panel on the left, select Frontend App Options. Then, do the following:
Frontend App Options
- In the Anchor Custom Text field, enter a descriptive link name for the app. If left blank, the node or page name is used.
- In the Anchor Custom Title field, enter the text that appears when someone hovers over the link.
- Click the Select Page or Node button. Then, select the page or node that you want to appear when someone clicks the link.
- Click the Save button to save your settings.