How to Send Confirmation Email to New Customers
Magento Go gives you the option to require customers to “opt-in” by clicking a confirmation link in an email message, before their accounts are activated. This measure ensures that the account is associated with an actual person, rather than with a computer that is setting up fake accounts. It is a best practice to require that customers opt-in, and we recommend that you take advantage of this feature.
To enable confirmation email for new customers:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Customer, select Customer Configuration.
- Click to expand the Create New Account Options section. Then, do the following:
- Set Require Emails Confirmation to “Yes.”
- Set Confirmation Link Email to the template you want to use for confirmation email. It is initially set to the default template, but can be changed.
- Click the Save Config button to save your changes.