Managing Nodes in a Page Hierarchy
The following example shows how to create a node with simple navigation to content pages. Although the node does not have a content page associated with it, it does have a URL Key which can be referenced elsewhere in your site.
For example, you can create a node called “Press Releases” with navigation to individual press releases. Then, include the link on your “About Us” page. Or how about a node with links to articles from back issues of your newsletter?
Content Page with Navigation
Step 1: Create a Node
- From the Admin Menu, select CMS > Pages > Manage Hierarchy.
- Click the Add Node button.
- In the Page Properties section, type a Title for the onde. Then create a suitable URL Key using all lowercase characters, with hyphens instead of spaces.
- Click the Save Pages Hierarchy button to save the node. The node appears as a folder in the tree.
Step 2: Add Pages to the Node
- In the hierarchy tree, click to open the node.
- Scroll down to the CMS Pages section, and select the checkbox of each page you want to include.
- Click the Add Selected Pages to Tree button. Each selected page appears in the tree below the node folder.
Select CMS Pages
Add Selected Pages to Tree
Step 3: Add Navigation
- In the tree, click to open the node.
- In the Pagination Options for Nested Pages section, set Enable Pagination to "Yes."
- In the Navigation Menu Options section, set Enable Navigation Menu to "Yes."
- Scroll back up to the Node Properties section, and click the Preview link.
- Click the Save Pages Hierarchy button to save the settings.
Linking to a Node
The CMS Hierarchy Node Link app type gives you the ability to place a link to a content node, almost anywhere in your store.
Step 1: Set Up the Page Hierarchy
Create the initial page hierarchy tree.
Step 2: Create a Frontend App
To begin, complete the first three steps of creating a frontend app.
- Select the CMS Hierarchy Node Link app type.
- Specify the page and location where it belongs.
- Choose the template.
Step 3: Configure the Link
- Open the frontend app you created in the previous step.
- In the panel on the left, select Frontend App Options. Then, do the following:
- In the Anchor Custom Text field, enter a descriptive link name for the app. If left blank, the Node or Page name is used.
- In the Anchor Custom Title field, enter the text that appears when someone hovers over the link.
- Click the Select Page or Node button. Then, select the page or node that you want to appear when someone clicks the link.
- Click the Save button to save your settings.
Frontend App Options